Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Advice, Studio Specification

FocusTDCI110

Recently ordered a new fiesta studio, found out last night by having a look at the pre-reg cars at the back of the dealer that it doesn't have electric windows. Its clearly stated in the brochure and on the website that the car has these as standard.

Where do i stand on this when i go collect the car on the 15th? It's sorta put me off, wish i'd gone for the higher spec now if i knew that. Can I expect some discount?

Spec list: http://www.ford.co.u...1=1204919790075

Brochure: http://www.ford.co.u...Brochure/Fiesta

Recently ordered a new fiesta studio, found out last night by having a look at the pre-reg cars at the back of the dealer that it doesn't have electric windows. Its clearly stated in the brochure and on the website that the car has these as standard.

Where do i stand on this when i go collect the car on the 15th? It's sorta put me off, wish i'd gone for the higher spec now if i knew that. Can I expect some discount?

Spec list: http://www.ford.co.u...1=1204919790075

Brochure: http://www.ford.co.u...Brochure/Fiesta

it could be a standard feature that was brought in later, what reg were the ones you were looking at?

I don't think the Studio originally came with electric windows when the Mk7 was first launched, but I'm pretty sure it was made standard in the last couple of years - probably because nobody bought the original Studio as it had no luxuries at all.

Just did a quick look on eBay - seems to me that 2008/2009 cars had wind-up windows and 2010 onwards have electric ones :)

Unless you specifically ordered one of those stock cars in the dealer rather than a 'new' one, your car should come with elecric windows. If it doesn't then I think you have a case to reject the car (or negotiate a discount which I wouldn't want to do). Have you clarified this with the dealer ?

I haven't spoken to the dealer on this yet, wanted some advice here first. Going to wait for the VIN number so I can clarify the specs, then i'll discuss it with the dealer. As long as you think I have some grounds for some kind of compensation i'm happy.

Going to wait for the VIN number so I can clarify the specs

When you do get the VIN number (or registration number), stick it into ETIS (etis.ford.com) and it will list the features on the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the advice people. Just chucked my car into ford etis and seems like it does have electric windows according to this.

"Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do" and a cheeky "DAB Radio" not bad for a brand new £7500 car :)

How accurate is ford etis? Seems strange that i seen a few pre-reg ones with wind-ups out in the back. I'm having nightmares about it ahah!

Etis says i have Auto Lights - Er.... no i don't.

Mine on the other hand DOES have auto lights.. Oh and auto wipers too..

Lmao sorry mate couldn't resist :P

I pwomise I'll stop dishing out the salt now ;) I know what goes around comes back around n harder so I'm sure I'm over due some.. I better shush up now :(

Blimey, it's hard to navigate through Birmingham with a bag of ready mix and 30 feet of chain in your boot while wearing a banaclava. ;)

Lmao you on about your boot or mine? ;)

If you mean yours then come n find me I dare ya :P

Lool the missus had to have a look at the screen then to see what I was giggling n smirking to myself at :lol:

Lmao you on about your boot or mine? ;)

Mine.

If you mean yours then come n find me I dare ya :P

You do remember what i do for a living don't you? ;)

Lool the missus had to have a look at the screen then to see what I was giggling n smirking to myself at :lol:

Daft 'apeth. :P

You do remember what i do for a living don't you? ;)

Lool knew that was coming.. Was about to say it would be all fun to me cause I'm a bit sick like that ;) but then I probably wouldn't place bets on my chances against a hell bent ex army copper after all the stick I've been giving him :P

Would be a funny way to go though

This mean your not my uncle no more? :unsure:

Lool knew that was coming.. Was about to say it would be all fun to me cause I'm a bit sick like that ;) but then I probably wouldn't place bets on my chances against a hell bent ex army copper after all the stick I've been giving him :P

That's ex military, ex merc, sniper/explosives trained, firearms and dog qualified Officer :D

Would be a funny way to go though

I'd be laughing anyway ;)

This mean your not my uncle no more? :unsure:

I'll let you off this time, but any more lip and no more trips to the Zoo for you. :)

That's ex military, ex merc, sniper/explosives trained, firearms and dog qualified Officer :D

Lool well if you really wanna be specific :rolleyes:

I'd be laughing anyway ;)

Bet you would mate but I'd still go with a massive grin on me face :D

I'll let you off this time, but any more lip and no more trips to the Zoo for you. :)

Awww nooo :( :unsure: you know how I like our little day trips out for the midnight bulb club taking clients out to the zoo to change their bulbs..

Also, if you don't take me to the zoo how are you gonna throw me in the lion enclosure to make it look like an accident :P

Just had a nice drive to birmingham anyway, black keys - lonely boy blasting out the stereo, can of no fear in the passenger seat, osrams lighting up the unlit roads ahead nicely n the cruise control (another feature not on the sport model.. ^_^) set to 68. Made for a nice easy drive.

So that'll narrow it down anyway if you fancy a playful game of hide n seek while I'm here ;)

You are a daft bugger.:D

I'd throw you in with the monkeys, it would take a week for anyone to notice. :P

You are a daft bugger. :D

I'd throw you in with the monkeys, it would take a week for anyone to notice. :P

Lool come gimme a man hug n make up? ;)

And I must be a mind reader, knew you was gonna mention monkeys.

Oh and speaking of the the bulb club, how bout calling a temporary truce n we size me old dear's ex/stalker's feet up for some concrete boots :P

ohhhh so thats you with the window rolled down, bala on n a high performance rifle aimed at me? wondered what that red dot was.. :D

Lets go help me old dear change his bulbs then.. he only lives down the road. You two may have things in common actually cause he's ex military too.

Oh and apologies to the thread starter for hijacking it with all Clive n mines banter :unsure:

Lool too much time on yourr hands mate searching for silly emoticon things instead of catching chavs nicking wheelie bins.. Just kiddin :P