Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazard Lights Stuck Flashing

James Bedding

Hi all,

The other day i started up my 2002 TDCI Focus and the hazard lights started flashing on their own. Pressing the button didnt stop it, however hitting it did. This made me think it was the switch that was faulty, which was then disconnected.

A couple of days after this the hazard lights started flashing again and the RAC came out to inspect it. They unplugged the alarm control unit which stopped them flashing and recommened i bought a new one, saying it was definatly something to do with the alarm. It has been left unplugged which now means i have no indicators or central locking.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this sort of problem and whether it is something to do with the alarm control unit or a fault somewhere else?

Thanks,

James

I,d go for a faulty hazard warning switch first had this problem once on a clio and its the least expensive

agreed, the disabling the alarm unit will just be coincidence, as the two are linked it probably broke the circuit and thats what stopped it.

Start by replacing the switch, and check all the earth points, have you noticed any other electrical gremlins?

Hi all,

The other day i started up my 2002 TDCI Focus and the hazard lights started flashing on their own. Pressing the button didnt stop it, however hitting it did. This made me think it was the switch that was faulty, which was then disconnected.

A couple of days after this the hazard lights started flashing again and the RAC came out to inspect it. They unplugged the alarm control unit which stopped them flashing and recommened i bought a new one, saying it was definatly something to do with the alarm. It has been left unplugged which now means i have no indicators or central locking.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this sort of problem and whether it is something to do with the alarm control unit or a fault somewhere else?

Thanks,

James

It sounds like the wire between the switch and the control unit (TCU GEM) is shorting to the car body.

Removing the switch you probably moved the loom enough to stop the flashing and after driving again its moved back to where it was.

Removing the switch eliminates it from being the problem, for those suggesting a new switch.

I would advise you to check a wiring diagram for your year and model, the hazzard switch should be shown as a single pole normally open switch with one side of the switch going to the control unit and the other side grounded.

Ifs probably going to be a Black/Orange wire you'll be looking for.

D.

Cheers for the advice !

Had a friend have a look who tried replacing the relay which seems to of worked. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

• 8 years later...

Hi All

I have a 2010 cmax which has always been fine until my neighbour knocked on the door and pointed out my indicators were flashing whilst it was locked. When I had a look only the drivers side front and back were flashing so unlocked the car and started it and they behaved normally tried the hazards switch all good there so turn the car off and now it's the passenger side that's flashing constantly and the car won't lock on the fob but will lock manually.

Any ideas what this could be

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club