Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

DouglasB

Removing Speedo For Changing Lights Colour

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering how do you get your speedo out in a mk6 fiesta zetec s... I've took all the trim pieces off down to just havin to do the final two screws on the speedo but it wouldn't pull out? Maybe I wasn't being harsh enough.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers guys :D

You cant just change the light colour you need to change the dial faces as its the illuminescent ink on the faces that give the colour of the illumination. To remove it you just take the 2 screws out and it just pulls out you need to remove the plug from the back of the unit which can be quite tricky though theres a small black clip on the plug that u need to lift to get the plug off.

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/fiesta-mk6-dials-part-no-44vvv-more-details-i498.html

Thats where I got my kit from. Posted a guide in the fiesta guide forum on how to do it. It is dead easy and looks brilliant