Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footrest & Illuminated Doorsills

iNath

Just a couple of updates for everyone - feedback & questions welcome as ever :)

imag0603a.jpg

imag0599r.jpg

imag0601sw.jpg

imag0593f.jpg

imag0594m.jpg

Looks good nath. I have the same footrest sat in a drawer somewhere - how easy was it to fit?

Looks good nath. I have the same footrest sat in a drawer somewhere - how easy was it to fit?

Easy peasy - 3 plastic things that screw in to the carpet then place the footrest over the top and screw the screws in to the plastic things!

The sills look quite thick in your pic... are they?

My kids would probably kick them off if I fitted those!

The sills look quite thick in your pic... are they?

My kids would probably kick them off if I fitted those!

Not really - maybe 5-8mm? They're not going anywhere now they're stuck down!

Where did you get the footrest. Ive been after one.

Cheers

That particular one is from a set for an automatic Mondeo! So I now have a brake and accelerator pedal to sell :P Just keep your eyes on eBay as the Focus/Mondeo/Kuga/C+S-Max all have pedals using this design.

That particular one is from a set for an automatic Mondeo!

Thats the set I have. So are the pedal covers on your fiesta screw in types or clip ons? As you'll have seen the mondy ones are screw ins - hence me putting off this job. I'm not exactly looking forward to drilling into the pedals :-s

Thats the set I have. So are the pedal covers on your fiesta screw in types or clip ons? As you'll have seen the mondy ones are screw ins - hence me putting off this job. I'm not exactly looking forward to drilling into the pedals :-s

My pedals are standard and came with the car but they are slip-on type. Good luck with yours as instructions show you need a rivet gun! :P

Good luck with yours as instructions show you need a rivet gun! :P

Hmm.... ...*puts off mod, again*

Haha I drilled into my mk6 fiesta pedals to fit some chrome ones, used my dads drill and went through 2 drill heads - he wasn't very happy! They're much thicker than you think

If you are going to drill your pedals don't do what a mechanic at my local dealership did - he thought he could hold the pedal steady with his hand and managed to drill through the pedal and his hand.

My advice, use a block of wood. It makes less mess on your carpets.

That particular one is from a set for an automatic Mondeo! So I now have a brake and accelerator pedal to sell :P Just keep your eyes on eBay as the Focus/Mondeo/Kuga/C+S-Max all have pedals using this design.

I'm amazed that Ford don't sell this footrest for the Mk7 Fiesta. Fits perfectly and they could probably charge £40 - £50 just for the footrest and people would still buy it!

I managed to buy a kit from an auto Mondeo a couple of years ago for about £15 off eBay and then sold the spare brake/accelerator to some guy in Italy for £10 - Bargain!

Not the best image in the world, but this is the fixings in place in the carpet - they're worryingly similar to the plugs you use in plasterboard walls for !Removed! into.

dsc00177pl.th.jpg

Haha I drilled into my mk6 fiesta pedals to fit some chrome ones, used my dads drill and went through 2 drill heads - he wasn't very happy! They're much thicker than you think

arrr I was hoping you were going to tell me how easy it was

If you are going to drill your pedals don't do what a mechanic at my local dealership did - he thought he could hold the pedal steady with his hand and managed to drill through the pedal and his hand.

:o

I'm amazed that Ford don't sell this footrest for the Mk7 Fiesta. Fits perfectly and they could probably charge £40 - £50 just for the footrest and people would still buy it!

They probably prefer people spending £120 on the mondeo set - or what ever the ridiculous RRP is these days lol

Not the best image in the world, but this is the fixings in place in the carpet - they're worryingly similar to the plugs you use in plasterboard walls for !Removed! into.

dsc00177pl.th.jpg

Do you have to drill holes for the wall plug type things?

Do you have to drill holes for the wall plug type things?

Nope, just screw in with a cross head screwdriver.

Ta-Daa, inspired by Nathan again - footrest now fitted

IMG_1613.jpg

(pedal covers are just blutack'd on to see what they look like. The brake one isn't quite big enough but will do, (if i ever find someone to fit them)

Oh and yeah I know I need a new drivers mat.

The brake one isn't quite big enough but will do,

:huh: How big are your feet?!?

:huh: How big are your feet?!?

11, lol, but anyway I meant the cover isn't as big as the actual pedal

They're totally different I'm afraid

The footrest should still fit though

The footrest should still fit though

Yes but they look tacky :P [/opinion]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club