Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Challenge: How Far Can You Go?

iNath

The thread might be dominated by us proud TDCi owners ;) Just to see how far everyone go can on a single tank. It'll probably bomb as no one's as interested in mpg as I am :P

I'll throw down the gauntlet:

Total miles: 552.5

Miles remaining [computer]: 24

Miles remaining [actual]: 15 (computer was +39% out, on average it's out by -68%)

MPG [computer]: 63.2

MPG [actual]: 64.5 (computer -1.98% out, on average it's out by -3.25%)

Average speed: 40mph

Miles remaining after tank filled: 562

imag0575ac.th.jpg

imag0571l.th.jpg

imag0572x.th.jpg

imag0573r.th.jpg

imag0576w.th.jpg

imag0580.th.jpg

Not even going to try! How about the lowest from a TDCI? ;)

Oh dear. lol Can we see screenshots of these famous spreadsheets? ;)

I'm all for good "gas mileage" (as I know you hate to call it), but I'm not even going to work out my petrol automatic's poor mpg figures, not to be wiped the floor with from these tdci numbers anyway.

:)

The closest I've had to Nathan's is: (23rd Sept 2011)

Total miles: 527.5

Miles remaining [computer]: 29

Miles remaining [actual]: 40 (computer was +38% out, on average it's out by -63%)

MPG [computer]: 58.2

MPG [actual]: 64.5 (computer -10.85% out, on average it's out by -3.23%)

Average speed: 32mph

These were taken from my fuel consumption spreadsheet which I kindly stole from Nathan, hence the similarity in statistical output (Thanks Nathan)

I'll probably fill up on Tuesday so I will hopefully beat Nathan's best after that one!

Oh dear. lol Can we see screenshots of these famous spreadsheets? ;)

You asked for it ;)

A1ueqZECQAAl7it.png

Time spent driving: 118D 17H 55M Which is 5.45% of my life since 17th birthday!

:o Ok that total fuel spend is scary. Where did I put that nissan leaf brouchure...

How do you get that kind of miles?! I always get about the same out of a tank, i fill it with about 20 miles left, all the way to the top and never get more then 400, normally about 380!

Is mine broken?! Lol.

How do you get that kind of miles?! I always get about the same out of a tank, i fill it with about 20 miles left, all the way to the top and never get more then 400, normally about 380!

Is mine broken?! Lol.

If I'm being brutally honest with you your right foot is broken :P You need to be tickling the pedal not stabbing it and holding it to the ground ;)

If I'm being brutally honest with you your right foot is broken :P You need to be tickling the pedal not stabbing it and holding it to the ground ;)

Haha yeah your probably right, but its just to much fun thrashing it around and still getting more then 40mpg!

Well, seeing as you said EVERYONE...

Total miles: 1001.3

Miles remaining [computer]: 25 (I think, the fuel computer is a total waste of time...it goes down to zero then back up again, the fuel light is I believe linked to it but sometimes comes on at 60, sometimes at 40)

Miles remaining [actual]: Not sure

MPG [computer]: 78.3

MPG [actual]: 82.75 (55 litre tank which I make 12.1 UK gallons, so it's based on that)

Average speed: Not sure

Miles remaining after tank filled: 450 (it always says this if you put in more than half a tank :lol: it then gradually goes up over the first half of the tank)

Well, seeing as you said EVERYONE...

You're disqualified :P

Lately my MPG is in the toilet, I'm hitting very low 50's at best, usually mid 40's, think I hit just over 400 miles last tank -.-

well, not a diesel mpg, but from my 805 mile round trip in my mk7 zs petrol to pick up my new bucket seats :)

average 52.3 mpg, 400 miles in tank, no fuel light on and computer said 77 miles left in tank :D

well, not a diesel mpg, but from my 805 mile round trip in my mk7 zs petrol to pick up my new bucket seats :)

average 52.3 mpg, 400 miles in tank, no fuel light on and computer said 77 miles left in tank :D

Waaa how the heck did you manage that I only just manage that from my deisel

the slowest most boring drive in my life. stopped once for a pee the whole way down. sat at a constant 68-70mph. no less and no more.

would never do that again tho, totally not worth the money saving haha

the slowest most boring drive in my life. stopped once for a pee the whole way down. sat at a constant 68-70mph. no less and no more.

would never do that again tho, totally not worth the money saving haha

I know it's boring but even hardly ever going above 60 I only get 51.8mpg and I've got a deisel

i found just under 70 was my sweet spot. any slower or faster and fuel econemy went down ever soo much. just sat at an even throttle the whole way.

used under 2 tanks the whole way down and back up :) worked out the same price as a courier would have been to get them

I think you need to book the 24hr test drive of the Nissan Leaf to fully see the effect of your right foot when accelerating and braking, then take your new found awareness back into the fiesta :lol:

I think you need to book the 24hr test drive of the Nissan Leaf to fully see the effect of your right foot when accelerating and braking, then take your new found awareness back into the fiesta :lol:

Wash your mouth out young man!

This thread is making me quite ashamed of my Focus' average MPG, so much so that I drove to work at 55mph all the way this morning and upped it from 46mpg to 51. I doubt with my impatience, lead right foot and sluggish 1st gear it will get any higher though.

I cant remember exact figures but I've had 500+ miles out of a tank quite a few times as i generally drive pretty sedately. i have to really considering i have to drive 100 miles a day to get to work and back, if i didn't i would be bankrupt lol

Since owning the car, (2.5 years now) my average fuel consumption is 59.8 and considering i do have the odd lead foot driving session when on the way to rugby or somewhere, i think thats damn impressive!

Ive never done a pure motorway drive mpg test, i imagine staying at 70 on the motorway would get pretty high mpg figures but as my journey to work is all b roads through villages and what not i don't get to test the mpg properly

I normally get around 430 to a tank. About 52mpg. That's mainly town driving. Weirdly, my mpg goes DOWN when cruising at 70. I wouldn't have thought its supposed to do that...is it?

Weirdly, my mpg goes DOWN when cruising at 70. I wouldn't have thought its supposed to do that...is it?

Mine too - 55-60 is the sweet spot!

Mine too - 55-60 is the sweet spot!

But it's so sloooooooow! Haha

Is yours factory tuned or remapped to get 60+? I'd love an extra 100 miles to a tank

But it's so sloooooooow! Haha

Is yours factory tuned or remapped to get 60+? I'd love an extra 100 miles to a tank

The engine's standard ;) I did install a K&N panel filter last week but I was getting 60+mpg way before that. It's all to do with driving style.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club