1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

.Ryan

Private Registration Plates

34 posts in this topic

And your V5 mate, they will send that off for you, normally comes backs after a week or two with your new reg on

Good stuff, will be sorting this on payday :)

My plate was on retention ,as i paid 105 to have it removed from my old car, so i did not have to pay the 80 pound.I did not need to take my insurance doc with me.

Downside is Hastings charged me 20 pound for "Admin" fee's" , never had this before , when i have changed over, and for that Hastings insurance will not be on my next renewel !

Insurance companies are going nuts with these!!!!!

I've paid £20 for every mod I've declared over the past year with Admiral - first the mk2.5 spoiler (eh, what? It's a standard Ford part... most people wouldn't be able to tell it had been changed... probably only the people on this forum), then the parking sensors (again, what? These are a safety feature which reduces my liability to Admiral, so if anything I should be getting a refund on my premium!!!), and then finally for my DRLs (again, safety feature - statistics show they can reduce daytime accidents by something stupid like 50%).

I just smiled and paid it for now, but come renewal day I'll be telling them that I want it all back before I'll even consider going with them again.

Lucky for me my insurance doesn't charge for this.

Lucky for me my insurance doesn't charge for this.

Who's your insurer?

The amount iv had with luck with instances, put me off alot of things. When i tinted my windows to FACTORY Ford standards, LV cancelled my insurance as they don't approve of modifying. Scam..

I have found a plate i want from the DVLA site, £250 i assume £80 on top for fee, would there be an other fee's hidden?

I have found a plate i want from the DVLA site, £250 i assume £80 on top for fee, would there be an other fee's hidden?

The DVLA £250 includes the £80 fee so that's all you'll pay ;)

New Reg is very good.