Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Mever noticed before but when stationary an I push the clutch in I hear the noise of the clutch plate in the gear box never noticed this before. Is this ok it's been stood for 2 months while Iv been protecting the Olympics lol. Is it easy to check gearbox fluid level

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Drich290195

Drich290195

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Also theirs about 1cm of travel before the clutch gets hard is this normal. So I cn sort of rest my foot the pedal moves in slightly then I push and it goes hard and engages is this ok

#3 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

The slight travel in the pedal before the clutch engages is totally normal. The noise you are hearing is a little more confusing. What type if noise is it ? If it made a noise when you released the clutch pedal I would have said the release bearing or to be technical the 'concentric slave cylinder'. But I'm unsure what it might be the way you describe it. Would say clutch worst case, but these can be expensive as the flywheel need replacing at the same time on most models. I may be jumping the gun a little, hopefully someone else may have more info on your problem.

#4 Drich290195

Drich290195

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

It's wierd you can just hear a noise coming from that area like the plates moving. But the funny thing is their is no noise when the engine is off which suggest its not the gearbox as it would still do it with no engine power wouldn't It as its a mechanical link.

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

theres a lot of gearbox noise that is normal on fords when clutches start to wear a bit so i would nip to youre local ford and get them to listen they wont charge you for it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users