Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Fiesta Facelift

jmbrown91

For anyone who is interested, Ford have released pics and a couple of details for the Fiesta facelift. Could have guessed most of the changes/additions so far though.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/paris-motor-show-2012/facelifted-ford-fiesta-exclusive-pics

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• b1g_dav3

• alexp999

• jimrex

Thanks for that, been looking/waiting to see what they were going to do.

Can't help but feel a lot of the visual changes are for the worse though, much prefer the pre-facelift mk7 and not just because I have one.

At least I won't be lusting after it, lol.

The biggest "good" changes I've seen are:

Integrated DRLs

There WILL be an ST version, a 177BHP 1.6 ecoboost,

There will also be a 1.5L diesel and a 1.0L ecoboost better range of engines is always a good thing.

The hidden panel looks like it has a switch on it...for something....

The styling changes will just bring it in line with the new Mondeo and the Focus ST, and will make the whole Ford Family into baby Aston clones (without the performance)

Yeah one of the only positives I could see was the integrated DRLs

Hi guys, first post here although I've been looking around for a while, picked up my Fiesta on Saturday, kind of glad I prefer the now "old" style otherwise I'd be suffering from buyers remorse big time!

I agree with the comments about the DRL's being a nice addition though, also the 1.0 EcoBoost should be a great engine in the Fiesta.

Also I think the button on the cover to the secret compartment is something to do with deactivating the Airbags.

Yep and I have a 1.4 Zetec auto with a tectronic gear box as a 3 door and it's a very good car.

The grill looks much better at the bottom of the front bumper imo.

Also the front ford badge is just stuck on and a bit smaller I think.

I quite like it! Would love to see what the ZS will be like. Looks like the Fiesta is also going to get the cool blue backlighting that the Focus has :)

I think I like the new front, it looks more elegant, sharper and more grown up. The current one can look a little curvy and cutesy sometimes.

I think the new facelift will be the 2014 fiesta won't it, as the 2013 model will be available from mid-late 2012. Heres a few more pics....

7920746362_a63f71a727_c.jpg

Untitled by Ford in Europe, on Flickr

7920747458_c42e07c16e_c.jpg

7920745076_2c2162f931_c.jpg

7920743938_8a2d6a4e0f_c.jpg

7920742264_d0ca19fa48_c.jpg

7928685240_4b1ea020aa_c.jpg

With the new Mondeo (aka Fusion for USA), and now the 2014 fiesta presenting this new face/design for Ford, it means the latest new global Focus is now out of date already, or not matching if you know what I mean - so it will also eventually need another face lift to bring it in line with its new littler and bigger brothers.

Face lift model does look good and that blue does suit it

Handy that they have fitted a rest for the clutch foot

Butterfly style wipers as on the Focus would have been a nice addition, current fiesta ones are poor on the passenger side

Butterfly style wipers as on the Focus would have been a nice addition, current fiesta ones are poor on the passenger side

Yeah thats a good point.

Looks like they've improved the location of the window switches, and a 5 door with side skirts!

Handy that they have fitted a rest for the clutch foot

Fiesta already has a foot rest?

1.5 diesel? No thanks. Looks terrible to be honest at the front, not a patch on the current Fiesta's.

Fiesta already has a foot rest?

Titanium's may be different, my Zetec only has a carpet covered mound :( beside the clutch pedal. Face lifted one has a proper plastic looking rest

Mine is just a carpet covered bump in the floor. Still works well as a foot rest tho imo.

You can always get a foot rest plate from a mondeo or something tho.

I'm not sure if the large gaping grille suits a small car like the Fiesta as much as it does the latest Mondeo. I suppose we will get used to it and less paintwork area for stone chips ! The old grille was neater in my opinion.

Very nice!

I am planning on changing my Titanium next year for a brand new one. I feel a 118 BHP Ecoboost is on the cards... ;)

Titanium's may be different, my Zetec only has a carpet covered mound :( beside the clutch pedal. Face lifted one has a proper plastic looking rest

The auto already had a footrest. I have covered mine with rubber to make it easier to clean the mud off !

I really like the look of the new Mondeo.

The difference is that the Mondeo was designed from the ground up to look like that, the fiesta has just had the front modified from the current design.

I really don't think it suits the Fiesta, plus I hate it when they make a big change to the front and nothing to the back making the car look like a cut and shut.