Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Fiesta Facelift

jmbrown91

While waiting for the penny to drop. This facelift fiesta is everything the current one should of been. Well done for catching up Ford

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• b1g_dav3

• alexp999

• jimrex

Lol oh dear. well you completely threw me when u mentioned economy so I just ignored that and focused on the S and R part of your post - my bad

To be fair I've had several people in my car not have a clue what the letters stood for so i didnt think twice about the post being a joke.

Great reaction from the woman on the call - thanks for helping spell it out to me James lol

Great reaction from the woman on the call - thanks for helping spell it out to me James lol

First time I heard it, it had me in stitches!

First time I heard it, it had me in stitches!

Yeah I was, especially at the end when he put it into race and hit the car behind lol

One thing missing from our new fiesta is the MyFord Touch system, which arrives on North American Fiestas this time round....

fiestamft.png

New 2014 Ford Fiesta Adds MyFord Touch with Improved Voice Recognition, Navigation and Phone Pairing

• 2014 Ford Fiesta comes to market with one of the most comprehensive suite of in-car connectivity technology features available in a small car: SYNC® with MyFord Touch® featuring a new 6.5-inch LCD touch screen

• The technology is driving up purchase consideration and appeal of Ford products, proven by internal data showing new vehicles ordered with MyFord Touch exceed expectations

• Ford, working with Microsoft, continues to improve MyFord Touch with new capabilities and features including more natural and accurate voice recognition, simpler bluetooth® phone pairing and better navigation controls

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 26, 2012 – The latest trend in consumer electronics is the miniaturization of the gadgets we love, while packing them with even more performance such as a razor-thin phone that doesn’t bulge in a pocket, smaller tablets that can be held with one hand, or music players that can be worn on the wrist. Ford is following suit, and beginning next year it will offer MyFord Touch® with a new 6.5-inch LCD touch screen available on the 2014 Ford Fiesta.

“Technology features are important to all of our customers including small car buyers, and MyFord Touch continues to drive up purchase consideration of our vehicles,” says Michelle Moody, Ford cross-vehicle marketing manager. “MyFord Touch is appealing to customers, as it consistently ranks among the top 10 purchase considerations with new owners. We’re excited to bring it to the small car segment, where it will really help Fiesta stand out from the crowd.”

The migration of this technology comes right as Ford hits the five-year anniversary of its award-winning SYNC® in-vehicle connectivity system that was co-developed with Microsoft; more than 5 million cars and trucks have been sold with the system. Ford first launched SYNC on the 2008 Focus, then its smallest and most affordable car. Now, unveiling MyFord Touch for Fiesta cements Ford’s commitment to making technology affordable and accessible to everyone.

“We are seeing strong brand lift from MyFord Touch amongst in-market shoppers, with 65 percent of those intending to purchase a vehicle reporting SYNC definitely plays a role in their purchase consideration,” says Moody. “Take rates for MyFord Touch on new vehicle orders, such as the 2013 Escape and Fusion, continue to outpace our internal projections. We expect the same trend for Fiesta.”

Besides the new MyFord Touch 6.5-inch color touch screen, which is an upgrade over the currently available 4-inch screen, the 2014 Fiesta will launch with the latest SYNC software that adds new features including:

• Simplified bluetooth® phone pairing: When pairing, the driver simply has to hit “OK” if the PIN on the phone and touch screen match each other
  • More natural voice recognition: Drivers can now simply say “Play <name>” when requesting a specific artist, song, album or genre of music (i.e. “Play jazz” versus “Play genre jazz”)
  • Improved voice recognition accuracy: The latest version of Nuance’s speech software, VoCon® 3200 v4.2, improves overall voice recognition performance
  • Flattened audio command structure: At any time, drivers can say the station frequency, “AM 760,” or the official name of the Sirius station, like “Hits 1,” to tune in; drivers no longer need to say “Radio” or “Sirius” to indicate their desire to listen to those audio sources
  • Simplified navigation controls: The destination entry screen has been improved to help make it easier to enter an address

With MyFord Touch powered by Microsoft, Fiesta drivers will be able to stay connected to their lives, easily getting the information and entertainment they want while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

ARTICLE AND IMAGE FROM: http://media.ford.co...rticle_id=37434

___________________________________________________________________________________

This shot shows the MyFord Touch unit fitted to a US ST:

stacks_image_295.jpg

6 speed is in the ST, think we're stuck still with 5 speed in the other models.

They're not changing any of the seating/boot layout are they that anyone knows of? Made my cat box/carry cage to fit perfectly in my boot lol.

Is that a 6 speed manual in the Fiesta?

Only the automatic Powershift is 6 speed, all manuals are 5.

You can now build the new Fiesta! http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/ConfigureYourVehicle/ConfigureVehicle/p=1204907559152

Good news diesels owners/wannabes - 17" alloys (new design) and window tints are now an option again!

DAB & SYNC is only £100 option :)

The price with all of the options you want on a Titanium X is shocking! £18,000+ for a fiesta! :o :o

Makes me think the ST Fiesta will just be stupidly priced, especially considering 180PS is going to have it slower than it's rivals.

Only the automatic Powershift is 6 speed, all manuals are 5.

You can now build the new Fiesta! http://www.ford.co.u...p=1204907559152

Good news diesels owners/wannabes - 17" alloys (new design) and window tints are now an option again!

DAB & SYNC is only £100 option :)

I assume that is the interior from the ST then, as the pic clearly shows a 6 speed manual.

The price with all of the options you want on a Titanium X is shocking! £18,000+ for a fiesta! :o :o

.... How much??? If you think you can get a 250 bhp focus ST for around £21k

The £18,000 was based on the following:

3 door

Titanium X

1.0 eco boost 125ps

Black paintwork - £495

Modna full leather pack - £200

17" alloys - £200

Deflation Dectection system - £75

Spare wheel - £95

Rear view camera - £250

Driver assitance pack - £300

TOTAL - £18,060.00 :o :o

Really, who would pay anything near that?

Personally, I think the MyFord Touch system looks really aftermarket, like they've tried to squeeze it in when the dash wasn't designed for it.

Personally, I think the MyFord Touch system looks really aftermarket, like they've tried to squeeze it in when the dash wasn't designed for it.

Well that's exactly right, an upright flat screen just can't be integrated well on a fiesta-like dash, not anywhere near eye level anyway.

Although I like the new features, options and materials, I think I'll be moving up a segment when I change cars

Maybe to a focus as the actual car body/size looks a bit meatier and has a lot more presence than the fiesta.

Well that's exactly right, an upright flat screen just can't be integrated well on a fiesta-like dash, not anywhere near eye level anyway.

Although I like the new features, options and materials, I think I'll be moving up a segment when I change cars

Maybe to a focus as the actual car body/size looks a bit meatier and has a lot more presence than the fiesta.

I'm thinking exactly the same, as much as I love my Fiesta, I'll be getting a Focus next time round.

I think the Auto Express preview vid got it right with the 2012/3 Facelift Fiesta, the new aggressive grille looks great on a Mondeo but just doesn't suit a supermini.

I think I'll be moving up a segment when I change cars

I'm thinking exactly the same, as much as I love my Fiesta, I'll be getting a Focus next time round.

I do love my Focus, I just feel a bit of an old man in it!

I used to adore my Fiesta (which my mum is now driving), but getting into that after being in the Focus you can tell it's a lower-sector car compared to the Focus. The seats feel really flat, you feel every bump in the road and the engine and road noise are more noticeable. I know you can't compare the two, but it makes you appreciate the extra attention to detail in the Focus, which is like a barge in comparison. Note to those thinking of upgrading - get rear parking sensors! The size difference is massive and the tiny rear windows and long overhangs are a nightmare.

I would certainly give the facelift Fiesta a look though if I changed my car in the next couple of years - ST maybe :P

Yeah from the Focus' I've sat in at dealerships straight away you could see and feel it was a different class of car.

And just to back up what we were saying, look how well the MyFord Touch system intergrates in cars from the Focus up, .i.e without supermini/fiesta style dashboards..

Focus:

5724005602_05ec5596eb_b.jpg

Edge:

2011-ford-edge-and-2011-lincolns-sync-to-feature-twitter_2.jpg

Escape (NEW Kuga)

13FordEscape_72_HR.jpeg

Explorer:

11expl_intmyfordtch_pstr_23817.jpg

Taurus:

2013-Ford-Taurus-SHO-MyFord-Touch-dash-large-thumb-598xauto-5174.jpg

Fusion (NEW Mondeo):

39-2013-ford-fusion.jpg

Fits well on all of the above compared to the Fiesta:

ford-sync-2014-fiesta.jpg

I much prefer the Fiesta over the Focus inside and out - probably due to my age :P

Guys I'm pretty sure that screen is only for the US spec My Ford Touch system. Our E-Brochure shows the option of a smaller 5 inch widescreen sat nav colour display on certain trims. It sits exactly where our screens do now and intergrates very well. Despite it being in the E brochure I can see no mention of it when playing with the new configurator. Perhaps its bundled in with the SYNC and DAB option?

Also just to add in my two pence worth.. what the hell are those wheel options on the facelifted Zetec S. They are not sporty at all and should be left to the titanium model. Maybe its to make the new ST wheels stand out more when it launches.

Dissapointed to see that the ST in America will get 200hp as standard.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/200hp-american-ford-fiesta-st-revealed-in-la#image=1

I do like the new fiesta but like others was thinking of upgrading to the focus in about a years time. :)

Guys I'm pretty sure that screen is only for the US spec My Ford Touch system. Our E-Brochure shows the option of a smaller 5 inch widescreen sat nav colour display on certain trims. It sits exactly where our screens do now and intergrates very well. Despite it being in the E brochure I can see no mention of it when playing with the new configurator. Perhaps its bundled in with the SYNC and DAB option?

I don't think we're getting My Ford Touch here, yet... The 5 inch colour screen shown is the same as the one in the current Focus/C-Max, probably standard on Titanium and above or with DAB option (not had a chance to look at the specs properly yet).

Also just to add in my two pence worth.. what the hell are those wheel options on the facelifted Zetec S. They are not sporty at all and should be left to the titanium model. Maybe its to make the new ST wheels stand out more when it launches.

Dissapointed to see that the ST in America will get 200hp as standard.

Completely agree! Even the standard 16" alloys on the current ZS are way better! I built one earlier on the website and selected the 17" option but they wouldn't appear. Would have to see one in the metal... Given that the UK is hot-hatch mad, whereas American's prefer muscle cars, I'm surprised we don't get 200bhp as well, unless Ford are on a mission to get American's to downsize into smaller cars? I'm sure even a V******l C***a VXR has 200bhp? (But even that's a poor excuse to own one!)

I do like the new fiesta but like others was thinking of upgrading to the focus in about a years time. :)

As great as the Fiesta is, you won't look back ;)

Reanaultsport Clio has 200bhp, maybe more :P don't mention that heathen bucket of scrap metal :P