Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Fiesta Facelift

jmbrown91

Reanaultsport Clio has 200bhp, maybe more :P don't mention that heathen bucket of scrap metal :P

If scrap like those can manage to do it, why can't Ford?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2011fiesta

• b1g_dav3

• alexp999

• jimrex

If scrap like those can manage to do it, why can't Ford?

Bearing in mind every VXR that's been tested on Top Gear has monumental torque steer, perhaps Ford understands there is a limit to how much power you can put through a little front wheel drive car.

Correct, I said we WEREN'T getting MyFord Touch on our new fiesta. Sorry for causing any confusion and getting carried away with MFT.

One thing missing from our new fiesta is the MyFord Touch system, which arrives on North American Fiestas this time round....

Paul :)

Very strange move by ford. We love our hot hatches here so deserve the best! Maybe the extra 20bhp is to take into account the extra weight of our friends stateside :P At least Mountune will be on hand for those that want an official power bump here.

Would the standard 15 inch Zetec alloy's look lost with the dress up kit

What's the adjustable boot load floor all about? And also what's different with the rear lights?

The US Fiesta is heavier being 5 door, but not 20bhp more weight surely >_>

No daytime running lamps on ST1? What a pile of crap. I don't want most of the stuff on the ST2 lol.

I'm a bit confused regarding folding mirror availability on the ST. I'm not sure if they are standard, available as on option or not available at all as the box is blank. Surely it must at least be on option on the top spec model?

Anybody got any info on when demo version's of the ecoboost fiesta's should be at dealers

I'd guess sometime in January 2013 - when the facelift officaly comes out.

Thanks Nath for the ST info, makes me want not to buy one now :lol: I also suspect it's going to be stupidy over priced juding by whats on the ST2

I'd guess sometime in January 2013 - when the facelift officaly comes out.

Thanks Nath for the ST info, makes me want not to buy one now :lol: I also suspect it's going to be stupidy over priced juding by whats on the ST2

Making me think otherwise if honest, probably going to be around 18k at least... A heck of a lot for a Fiesta.

Making me think otherwise if honest, probably going to be around 18k at least... A heck of a lot for a Fiesta.

I'd say the £18k would be for the ST 1. The ST2 with the ST style pack will be near £20k i think. For around £20k, that's Audi A1 S-line money, with 180 bhp and DSG.

I'd say the £18k would be for the ST 1. The ST2 with the ST style pack will be near £20k i think. For around £20k, that's Audi A1 S-line money, with 180 bhp and DSG.

An Audi A1 185 can be easily be specced to £23k and as high as £27k when I fully loaded one for fun a whole back. Although high, considering the performance on offer the price isn't as bad as people make out. You have to remember that a Golf GTi costs around £25k before options nowadays. I'm sure there will be the odd deals on the new ST in time.

Yeah but face it, does a Fiesta have enough on it to justify £20k? I mean they're good cars, but there are quite a few quality issues, and they're not massively spec'ed out.

Yeah but face it, does a Fiesta have enough on it to justify £20k? I mean they're good cars, but there are quite a few quality issues, and they're not massively spec'ed out.

I have to agree, I'd rather buy a Focus for £20k.

£20k+ is just too much for a supermini even if it is "fully featured"

Based on the Focus ST prices I think it will probably be around 17k for an ST1 and £18k for an ST2. The Peugot GTi will be around £19k I believe. I don't want to get into the I'd rather have a.... or the you could buy a used...... for that debate but it is worth bearing in mind just how much cars prices have risen in the past 6 years or so, albeit with increased spec and power. We picked up new Golf GT with plenty of toys in 2006 for £16k. The GTi was £20k starting price at the time. You could add 5k to both those prices now.

Fixed the link I think, but here's a screen capture if it still doesn't work:

screenshot20121204at182.png

62 plate St-2 with 590 miles on the clock for £20,745. There's no way a Fiesta ST could cost anywhere near this!

Thanks. That is a very good good price indeed. I bet there will be some great deals on pre reg and ex demo Fiesta ST cars a few months after launch.

An Audi A1 185 can be easily be specced to £23k and as high as £27k when I fully loaded one for fun a whole back. Although high, considering the performance on offer the price isn't as bad as people make out. You have to remember that a Golf GTi costs around £25k before options nowadays. I'm sure there will be the odd deals on the new ST in time.

The point i was getting across was, the Audi is a permium brand of car where as the Ford is not. So how can Ford place themselfs in direct competition with a premium brand of car with far better build quality. Yes, the Audi come's with less kit but you're paying for that better build qulailty of the car.

If Ford placed the ST-2 at £19,995 for an example - that's just £1,000 less than what the germans are offering.

I agree with Mark, It's a bold move by Ford, I don't see it selling all that well... I could be wrong but they're in the firing line of the big boys now. It's a bit of a daft question to ask on this forum but if you gave joe bloggs £20k and asked him which car he'd buy, an Audi A1 or Fiesta ST 90% of the time they would go for the Audi.

As well if you think of the Focus I posted up you're getting so much more bang for your money. 250bhp compared to the Fiesta's 190? Better build quality, bigger car, more gadgets etc.

I for one love my fast fords and love my fiesta to bits but I don't see myself buying a Fiesta ST. It just seems like such a waste of money <_<