Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Using Alot Of Fuel.

Ohplease

Wonder if anyone can help me. Ive had my car serviced, and its still using up a large amount of fuel for the journeys its doing. For example; Tonight I was coming from rawmarsh back my home address (7.5 mile journey) its used 22 miles worth of diesel. bearing in mind that its basically all open roads so hardly any stopping and starting. Its going into ford on Tuesday for them to look at and fix (then its going, lost all confidence in ford) Does anybody have any ideas what it could be so I can fire them at the dealers.

Thanks

i have a mk7 fiesta myself but it is a 1.6 petrol. although it is a petrol it too use up a lot in my journeys and i was gong to take it t ford but i was told by family and friends that they will pick out any things which you will not need fixed and charge you through the nose for it! take it to a local or trusted garage or dealer as they will not charge you as much or even get quoted from ford first before going ahead with it!!

Is this actual fuel consumption or just what the trip computer shows as miles remaining till empty? If it's the latter then don't trust that too much, it can fluctuate for a number of reasons so just because it's dropped by 22 doesn't actually mean that's how much it's used. Keep an eye on the figure over time rather than just single journeys - it will likely go up at some point. If however it actually is using that much fuel then the garage needs to sort it under warranty!

30 quid of diesel will get me about 200-250 miles. That's by following the milage rather then the computers average. There's quite a strong smell of diesel when I turn the engine off.

To be honest I don't think the computer or sensors are works properly. It's saying 43.3 mpg and it never changes, my average mph says 19mph which surely can't be true (only time I'm going 19mph is when I'm stuck behind a Sunday driver).

How far and what type of driving is your typical journey?

I only get about 45 mpg town driving.

Also the Fiesta must have quite a big space of data logging as I have noticed if you don't reset the trip often, the figures barely move.

30 quid of diesel will get me about 200-250 miles. That's by following the milage rather then the computers average. There's quite a strong smell of diesel when I turn the engine off.

To be honest I don't think the computer or sensors are works properly. It's saying 43.3 mpg and it never changes, my average mph says 19mph which surely can't be true (only time I'm going 19mph is when I'm stuck behind a Sunday driver).

I have a 1.6 zs tdci mk7 and my average speed is 28mph even though my journey to work is constant 70mph if your average mpg isn't moving up and down try resetting it then do a few trips to let it settle back down again

30 quid of diesel will get me about 200-250 miles.

Which at £1.40/l is 42-53mpg. Not unheard of if you have a new engine (ie less than 15k on the clock) or a lead right foot.

Ignore everything the computer is telling you, fill up a whole tank and work out your mpg manually then let us know what you got.

19MPH Average counts your idle speed of 0MPH - so if you are at traffic lights for a good 3 minutes it counts that in your average. my Average is 26MPH. keep resting it every week or so to get a better perspective of what your actually doing.

Interesting read, I wondered why my average speed was 19mph when I live in the Isle of Man!!!

Will try the tips recommended :)

Hey is someone nicking the diesel out of your tank LOL, I know South Yorks and you said you lived near Rawmarsh :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club