Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Small Mods Carried Out

Stoney871

Got my pedal covers on last night, a bit of a fiddle getting the clips bent tight enough but look far better than bare rubber and a plastic accelerator pedal.

DSC_0056-2.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• Oxide

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You've got me interested in upgrading my footwell lights but I am stuck.

My lights appear to be ordinary torch-type little bulbs and i cannot figure how to remove them to see what sort of socket exists to see if the ones mentioned earlier would be a direct replacement

Any help please?

Have discovered that my bulbs are little two pin capsules - how do I go about fitting LEDs?

The bulbs are T10 fitment W5W is the type of glass bulb that they are because they give out 5watts of light power.

The T10 socket is used for the reg plate illumination aswell as front parking bulbs and footwells.

For the footwell's any type of T10 LED Bulbs will operate.

But for the parking bulbs and reg plate bulbs; "CanBus T10" are required.

LED Bulbs differ from standard halogen type in the scence that they are fixed polarity.

This means that the led will only illuminate when the current is flowing in a fixed direction. Basiclly switch on the power and insert the T10 led bulb, if it doest illuminate then pull it out and rotate it 180 degreese and re-insert it will illuminate the second time.

Pedals lookin good mate. Loads better

Clive you signature picture looks good is this an led ring around your badge ?

Clive you signature picture looks good is this an led ring around your badge ?

It is indeed mate.

Clive car looks great, was it easy removing the bottom silver clip on the steering wheel, this is the one bit I'm worried of snapping while removing.

The bottom one was easy, the front part is C shaped with a tube which goes through the wheel.

The rear bit is pretty much flat with a pin that goes through to the front.

To remove easily you need to prise the front part away from the rear part (the front bit has a lip that hooks over the rear bit) using your nails or a couple of blade screwdrivers and pull straight forwards.

The side ones clip in but also sit slightly under the airbag cover.

Lift from the outer edge and pull from under the cover.

When re-fitting you will set the horn off guaranteed so be prepared to make someone jump out of their skin.

You've explained that at best iv heard yet. Thanks il have a go at mine whenever i get chance get away from work.

Whats next? Cars looking great, have you got the OSRAM yet? Iv just purchased these last week, best bulbs iv bought up to date.

Osrams in. Just done a green cotton filter and alloy pedal yesterday.

Not much else I can do for now except planning to do the double boot light soon.

All parts ready, just need to get around to it.

Other projects in the pipeline but much later on unless other inspirations come up in the meantime.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club