Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Remote Central Locking

paulwilson1

Hi, I'm after fitting an aftermarket RCL to my girlfriends Fiesta. It has central locking at the moment but the drivers door doesn't work with it (suspect it's the solenoid on that side). Would fitting an aftermarket remote system fix the drivers door issue? Am I best getting this type http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-REMOTE-CENTRAL-DOOR-LOCKING-KIT-NEW-/160880444466?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item257538c432#ht_500wt_1361 or this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REMOTE-CENTRAL-LOCKING-CONVERSION-KIT-KEYLESS-ENTRY-UPGRADE-VW-NEW-PACKED-/310366111086?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item484343056e#ht_1855wt_1111

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hi I have the same problem on my mk6 fiesta the drivers door will not unlock with the key so I have to keep going to the passenger side to unlock it I have just brought a hawk remote central locking system on eBay and am in the process of trying to fit it did this fix the drivers door issue? And any tips for fitting as the manual I have it looks like a nightmare!

Thanks rich

Bump ... Any help on this? Got it all fitted its gets power and I get the indicators going when I push the buttons on the remote So I know I got the 12v + the indicator and ground wires right. but the doors don't lock or unlock I know it's negative locking and I tapped into the black/orange wire in the green plug for locking and The black/green wire in the grey plug for unlocking and the blue wire for the ground, but nothing still I've also Reyes grounding it on the chassis but still nothing any help would be great

i am having the same problem not got the indicators working but ready to connect the lock and unlock wires on the gem unit!! it has took me longer looking on the net for the answer than doing the job! can you reply here if you find the answer it is really bugging me now? it is a job that has took me two years to get round to and now i am stuck! i have fit the same kit to a mk3 golf and my mazda bongo no problems but this gem unit is baffling me

On the gem unit the lock / unlock wires are the black/orange wire going into the green plug on the gem and the black/green thin wire in the grey plug on the gem (the same grey plug as the 2 blue / blue red indicator wires) this is what I got told from the people I purchased the system from and I have checked and I think they are right but I'm still not getting the doors to lock or unlock!! Ahahh you need to test the voltage on the 2 wires I have said above one should show 12v when the doors are locked and then show nothing when the door is unlocked and the other do the opposite I have tested these wires and hooked the system up to them but its still not working but from testing them its pretty safe to say these are the lock and unlock wires

did they tell you if it was negative or positive trigger? basically it is a relay i have connected both n/o contacts to ground and then the commons go to the locking and unlocking wire that is if it is negative switched. i could just do with the wiring diagram of the car and i could work it out myself but there is nothing i have looked for hours.

also i am going from memory cos it is dark but there is 2/3 thin black orange wires and one thicker wire is it the thicker wire? not sure on the other plug but i have also read that somewhere and tried it but it did not work but i tried the thin wires on mine

Easiest way is someone with a haynes manual I can take you a pick of the mk7 diagram for the central locking cant imagine they are much different if it helps

Top and bottom apply to front doors drivers side is the at the bottom of the diagram and the passenger side at the top of the diagram

8B3AFD8E-6CC7-4A14-B4E1-434CFD56CE86-2123-0000041C19B7AD61.jpg

This is for the mk7 and may differ to yours

Yea it is definatly negative if you look at the top of the gem all the wires are in little bundles going into 5 separate plugs at the top of the gem and the plugs are different colours there should only be 1 black and orange wire going into the green plug (thats the lock wire) and 1 thinner black and green wire going to the grey plug (the first plug) thats the unlock wirehope this helps! Pretty sure mine is sorted now just got to tidy it all up tomorrow

Got it all working cheers! Just wondered if you got the boot popper to open i put my meter on and it does not have a 12v on one side so did not want to connect it up incas it put 12v on it and popped a fuse

Ahahh Mine is still not sorted went up today tinkered with what i was 90% sure was wrong and still not working I think it's the locks that must be nakered that's the only thing I can think as its all wired up properly can I have your email address rulie and ill send you a few photos to see if anything is done differently

Rulie@live.co.uk just used the scotch lock wire connectors to connecting in mine was playing up at first it kept opening the doors straight away and the light for door open was on but it was a dodgy connection

Also where did you take the 12v power supply from because I read on another forum that that made a difference I took it from 1 of the 3 thick red wires under the dash I just picked one and snipped

Ah thanks ill go and get a few pics now and email them over I had to use connector blocks on mine not ideal but the wires were abit small for the crimps I had its driving me mad now

The scotch locks are best cos you dont need to cut wires i took my feed from the light switch just put the meter on until you find the 12v cant remember the colour!

Yea I got a constant 12v from under the glovebox but someone said it has to be from the 12v central locking wire but I did think that was rubbish have just emailed the pics mate

It looks same as mine apart from the earth i took from the light switch as well! Put your meter on continuity and see if you have a good earth or negative! What is actually happening? Ohh i linked my negatives to the black negative on the remote locking kit so your yellows and the black all go together!

Just took another look and your orange/black connection is to a thicker wire i had a thiner black/orange wire!

Mine is a 5 door mk6

Ahh yea I'm not near the car at the min ill try the ground to the black ground on the system when I'm back the black/orange wire has got a 12v only when the doors are locked so I'm pretty sure it is the right wire mine is a 3 door tho all im getting is a clicking noise from the box and the indicators flashing ill let you know how I get on later thanks

Hi I found the thinner black and orange wire and the doors lock and unlock! Whooooo but now the interior light is on constantly and the doors open light on the dash

Thats what mine did at first just check over your connections make sure there all good i just recrimped mine and it was all good

Hahaa it's sorted I checked all the connections and still the light was on I drove down to my house and noticed the boot was open abit lol so it's all done now which is great and it sorted my drivers door issue so now I don't have to constantly unlock from the passengers side I can just push the button brilliant cheers mate

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

does anyone no where to the wire to the indicator to make them all flash got the rest working which block and wire thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, thought it better to resurrect an old thread as opposed to starting a new one. I'm trying to fit an aftermafket RCL kit to the wife's fiesta 1.4 Zetec. The kit is off eBay and is very similar go the ones on you tube posts. Going thru this thread I've done as described, the yellow, yell/black and black all to earth (same earth). Got a live feed from the cig lighter. The white (lock) wire goes to the thin Ora/blk on the green plug on the GEM and I have it locking (well not the Dvr door). The thread says got connect the white/black (unlock) wire to the thin Gree/blk wire in the grey GEM plug but mine has 2 of these (not in the same terminal either). Which one? Both? I have tried pushing the wire in to check it but it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me find the unlock wire on this GEM so I can finish the job. The car has centr locking (on the key not remote) and has the basic (2S6t) GEM.

Thanks for any assistance