Jump to content


Dual Mass Flywheel

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 English Electric

English Electric


  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: 2003 MK1 Focus C MAX 1.6 Petrol Zetec
  • Location: Cumbria

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

After extensive searching I still cannot find an answer to this, nor can I find the flywheel as a product to buy (which would have answered my question)

Does the 2003 MK1 C Max 1.6 petrol Zetec have a dual mass flywheel or solid flywheel?

I know the 1.8 does have a dual mass.

Many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Sign up to FOC Premium Membership To Remove These Ads

#2 oilburner79


    Feet Under The Table

  • Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Name: darren
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Collection
  • Year: 2000
  • Location: Warwickshire

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

IIRC it has a solid flywheel

#3 Stoney871


    Resident Peacekeeper

  • Super Mod
  • 19,643 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
  • Location: Devon

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't believe a petrol car has a dual mass flywheel as it is a device to smooth the running and iron out vibration from a diesel engine.
I stand ready to be corrected though.

#4 stef123


    Ford Enthusiast

  • Management
  • 6,091 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
  • Location: Fife

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Certain petrol engines now have them but I can't say for sure if yours is one of them, I suspect it doesn't have one though

I would suggest phoning ford and speaking with the parts dept, let them check it out on the computer.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users