Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra keys?

marty_s

Hey all i just bought my gf a 1999 ford ka but we only got one key she was reading the manual and found out she should have a red 'master' key and two with a red dot in them but we only have one of the dot ones.

Wondering if anyone has any idea how much it might cost to get two more keys and where to get it done?

Cheers

Hey all i just bought my gf a 1999 ford ka but we only got one key she was reading the manual and found out she should have a red 'master' key and two with a red dot in them but we only have one of the dot ones.

Wondering if anyone has any idea how much it might cost to get two more keys and where to get it done?

Cheers

Fords about the only place that can do master keys. The cost, sit down before reading. It will cost you at least £100 as they have to reprogram the car on the computer for a new master key.

Fords about the only place that can do master keys. The cost, sit down before reading. It will cost you at least £100 as they have to reprogram the car on the computer for a new master key.

Guessed it would probably be as much, would that just be for reprogramming or include keys?

Just pop it down to my local ford dealer and see what they say? Any idea how long it might take?

btw thanks for replying!

It should include the keys too mate. Shouldnt take more than an hour. No problem at all thats what we're here for to help each other.

Yeah but sometimes people can be funny. My gf has been hyper since she found out she should have more than one, it's her first car so she's getting all paranoid about everything lol

Will have to take a trip to our local sandicliffe ford and try and get it sorted next week. Cheers for replying so quick

we have the same

1 black key that works & a key with the chip in it ready for programming

i was quoted £15.00 for the re-program from fords.

something around £30.00 for a key with a chip on it's own

best to phone your local fords for a price as they do vary from area to area.

keep us posted on the price so we can pass it onto other members if asked m8

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club