Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Door Seals

stuartr26

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta Edge 1.25. It's a pretty straightforward car, as a 20 year old I saw this at a discounted price and snapped it up! Runs like a dream compared to my 04 Seat Ibiza SX, much more reliable and comfortable too.

Only problem I have noticed so far is the door seals seem to be coming away on both the driver and passenger doors, is this a warranty issue? Is it quite regular to have these kinds of problems?

There is a TSB (Technical service Bulletin) out for it. Ford will fix it for free under warranty. I got mine fixed today during the service without any issues.

I'm sure iNath will be along soon to comfrim it ;)

• Like 1

I also have the same problem mainly on the front passenger door but now also peeling slightly on the driver side. Had the second year service done on Monday and was told that it could not be done as outsie of warranty and would cost £85/door to fix. Is there a link to the relevant TSB online?

Thanks

The TSB uses some very expensive (£30+) adhesive which some say does not last long anyway. I followed someone else's advice to get some strong double sided foam tape off eBay for £1.79 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250995195679 which sticks tight to the bodywork then reinforced the joint to the rubber seal with superglue. All stuck fast now!

• Like 1

I had this sorted today at my service, so I'll see how long it lasts. Currently got sticky-tape holding the seal down for a day or two, will probably give it until Monday before peeling it off. They just used an adhesive.