Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine cuts out

manbearpig1987

Hi all

I have an R reg fiesta, owned it for about 2 years. I got it through an MOT fairly easily last November and have had all sorts of mechanical problems since :angry: . The latest and most worrying is the engine cuts out when I come to a stop. it has been doing it for about a week now but periodically, but when I drove to town this morning it was doing it every time I had to stop (v embarasing!). The confusing thing is it is ticking over fine if you just leave it running.

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem before or would know where to start in fixing it?

Thanks a lot!

How about trying to stay in "neutral" when you stop at junctions. I have this problem before (cutting out)..but I soon discovered that the longer I put my foot on the clutch pedal(first gear) while waiting for the green light, the more frequent I cut out at intersections! So just give it a try if it make some difference. I don't know though how it somehow elliminate my problem. Make a report here after you tried it. Just be fast on the gears...or the one behind you will make some nasty honking :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club