Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manbearpig1987

Engine cuts out

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have an R reg fiesta, owned it for about 2 years. I got it through an MOT fairly easily last November and have had all sorts of mechanical problems since :angry: . The latest and most worrying is the engine cuts out when I come to a stop. it has been doing it for about a week now but periodically, but when I drove to town this morning it was doing it every time I had to stop (v embarasing!). The confusing thing is it is ticking over fine if you just leave it running.

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem before or would know where to start in fixing it?

Thanks a lot!

How about trying to stay in "neutral" when you stop at junctions. I have this problem before (cutting out)..but I soon discovered that the longer I put my foot on the clutch pedal(first gear) while waiting for the green light, the more frequent I cut out at intersections! So just give it a try if it make some difference. I don't know though how it somehow elliminate my problem. Make a report here after you tried it. Just be fast on the gears...or the one behind you will make some nasty honking :-)