2 replies to this topic

#1 manbearpig1987

manbearpig1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Hi all

I have an R reg fiesta, owned it for about 2 years. I got it through an MOT fairly easily last November and have had all sorts of mechanical problems since :angry: . The latest and most worrying is the engine cuts out when I come to a stop. it has been doing it for about a week now but periodically, but when I drove to town this morning it was doing it every time I had to stop (v embarasing!). The confusing thing is it is ticking over fine if you just leave it running.

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem before or would know where to start in fixing it?

Thanks a lot!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

Idle control valve?

#3 zetec521

zetec521

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.25 Zetec 2002
Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:45 AM

How about trying to stay in "neutral" when you stop at junctions. I have this problem before (cutting out)..but I soon discovered that the longer I put my foot on the clutch pedal(first gear) while waiting for the green light, the more frequent I cut out at intersections! So just give it a try if it make some difference. I don't know though how it somehow elliminate my problem. Make a report here after you tried it. Just be fast on the gears...or the one behind you will make some nasty honking :-)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users