Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recent Mods

moy24

can get mine wrapped for me then

I wish i could im lucky as they usaly charge £800-£1100 depending what car it is and what colour you want. Im looking for wing mirrors with indicator was hard to wire yours up il have a look at you post when i find a set of mirrors

easy to wire up mate. if i get time i'll take one of mine back apart to write up a guide for the forums

since your converting to the 2.5, have you seen these?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4608a8fc6a

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4608a91d8a

ready in black so no respraying n they the 2.5 wing mirrors. good find that

but saying that, if the plugs are the same as on the mk2 wing mirrors with indicators, they will be bigger than your existing mirror plugs if you get what i mean. cause the bigger plugs won't fit in your existing socket. so you'd have to transplant the covers n indicators onto your existing units.

when you obviously can't transplant the 2.5 covers n repeaters onto mk2 mirrors as they are different shape mirrors completely

so you may have to stick to mk2 mirrors even though rest of the car will be 2.5

i have seen them im watching them for no as im waiting for a reply from another seller.I dont understand what you mean about transplanting the cover and indicator to my unit as my wing mirror dont have the indicator on it so there wont be no wire for the connection or have i got all this wrong

Right basically when I bought my new mirrors they weren't plug and play because the plugs was different

See here:

2012-09-25174701.jpg

The smaller plug is my standard mirror n the bigger plug is the mirror with the indicator

Therefore the bigger plug won't plug into your cars socket

if you take your current mirror cover off, you will see this space:

622442_476646439020581_323579668_o.jpg

This is where the indicator would have went

So what I did is cut the indicator off the new mirror

2012-09-24192418_zpsbb4f14ea.jpg

Wire it to some speaker wire, thread the speaker wire through my existing mirror, route the wire down the door seal and up behind the rubber tube in the door well, then route the wire across the wing panel, remove my existing side panel indicator, cut the indicator off and wire the speaker wire to the existing indicator loom.

Then just swap the mirror covers over putting the covers from your new mirrors onto your old ones.

Sounds a lot of hassle but it's pee easy and the only way you'll do it really cause you can't really just swap the plugs over cause with the indicator wiring theres too many wires to go into the old plug.

Thanks for that Brigante i no what you mean now i have found mirror covers and indictor cover on eBay which works out much cheaper will that work in anywya.

show me the indicators your on about mate. i was looking for some to link you but couldn't find any on eBay so i linked the brand new ones from fordparts.

n every time i asked a breaker if they'd do just the indicators they said they would only sell a complete mirror

then i saw the mirrors i got going for 50quid so it still saved a lot over buying the new parts

If you open your door you'll see there is a gap between the panels like this:

2012-09-26192334.jpg

It's this gap that you fish the new wire through n route along to the existing indicator loom. n like you've previously said, you can then get the ST wing badges to blank off the hole from your old indicators. For now what i've done is spray my old indicators to match the rest of the car. When I've got the ST alloys n front bumper I may replace em with the badges. I won't put an ST badge on the back though cause it's not an ST lol

If I get time, at some point I'll take one of my mirrors back apart so I can take photos to write up a guide for you.

Don't know if it would make a lot of difference, but white would be far less susceptible to sun damage than black, which would soak it up

If you want to source the indicator parts yourself then here are the bits you need-

http://www.fordparts...components_859/

http://www.fordparts...tart=10&cat=521

http://www.fordparts...e_f_1417274.htm

I'm pretty sure the indicator lenses come with bulbs and holders but in case they don't-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416c3acd21

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d017ffe01

Already linked him the indicator units n covers mate but good find with the bulb holders if they needed

looking at the picture of the indicator unit, it appears to come with the bulb holder, but says it doesnt come with the bulb.

also, if he's wrapping his car, he can get away with just getting the cheapy 20quid a pair unpainted covers n wrappin em to save a few quid over getting pre painted covers

Very valid point.

I must have been reading the recent messages with my eyelids sealed shut.

get some match sticks in your eye lids mate ;)

Think i need flamin' superglue.

Knackered after a swine of a day.

Think i need flamin' superglue.

Knackered after a swine of a day.

Toubh job mate "you would have to be glued, to stick it"

Lights are looking nice mate :)

As for the washers yeah they probably won't have much effect with these lights.

If you fit some osram or Phillips bulbs instead of the HID bulbs the lights would not be illegal

I can vouch for the cheap mirror covers...I had to get one as one of my genuine covers flew off and was shattered by the lorry behind me. They come primed, but like you intend to, I wrapped mine.

I have a pair of brand new pre-facelift ST wing badges to replace the side repeaters if I ever get round to getting the full ST kit on, but for the mean time, after a suggestion from Charlie Brigante, I've carbon wrapped the standard side repeater units to match my wing mirror covers. Wasn't the easiest or neatest wrap job if I'm honest but still looks much better I think. Not overly keen on ST badging the car either so even with the full kit on, dunno if I'll use the badges. If I do I might put some sort of ST TDCi badge on the back...might need a remap and performance upgrades to even justify that though!

Can also back up that it's a dead easy mod by doing it the way Charlie has instructed, just putting the indicators and covers onto your standard units and running a bit of speaker cable to the plugs in the side repeaters.

I can vouch for the cheap mirror covers...I had to get one as one of my genuine covers flew off and was shattered by the lorry behind me. They come primed, but like you intend to, I wrapped mine.

I have a pair of brand new pre-facelift ST wing badges to replace the side repeaters if I ever get round to getting the full ST kit on, but for the mean time, after a suggestion from Charlie Brigante, I've carbon wrapped the standard side repeater units to match my wing mirror covers. Wasn't the easiest or neatest wrap job if I'm honest but still looks much better I think. Not overly keen on ST badging the car either so even with the full kit on, dunno if I'll use the badges. If I do I might put some sort of ST TDCi badge on the back...might need a remap and performance upgrades to even justify that though!

Can also back up that it's a dead easy mod by doing it the way Charlie has instructed, just putting the indicators and covers onto your standard units and running a bit of speaker cable to the plugs in the side repeaters.

Oh that Charlie Brigante's a wise bloke alright ;)

lmao. are you gonna have a go at re-wrapping the old indicator lenses mate? it is do-able, just gotta take your time n keep the wrap warm.

get a photo up of it if you can.

Thanks all for the links you provided and advice couldnt reply yestoday as my computer decided to freeze.I will end up buying the cheaper unapinted cover and the indicator lense as i will wrapp it and follow charlies guide and connect it up il upload pic when i buy the parts and get it all sorted.

Lights are looking nice mate :)

As for the washers yeah they probably won't have much effect with these lights.

If you fit some osram or Phillips bulbs instead of the HID bulbs the lights would not be illegal

Thanks mate, I really wanted to put my HID on as there better and look good too if i put osram bulbs on they wont be as good as HID though . Have you got pic of the osram bulb on a car to see how it looks when on.