• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Name: M
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 2.0 TITANIUM/ST REPLICA
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

To be honest I've heard bad reviews about that specific group,
A fellow member purchased and had to throw in bin due to poor build quality and I'll fitment,
To be honest mate the amount of work you have done so far you would be best go to ford for some skirts 240gbp I think,

i had a search on the internet and di find bad review so i wont be going there thanks for the advice i think il wait till something comes up unless i get unpatient il go to ford.

I seen a full ST kit on ebay the other day in black I think...was advertised as 08-11 kit, but was clearly the pre-facelift bumpers from the pics. The skirts inlcuded were for a 5 door, so I'll try find the link and maybe you could contact them to see if they'll split and sell the skirts seperate.

I had a look at that but they wont split it they wana sell the whole lot but thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#152 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I have a problem i had a quick look to see if my front foglight unit from my prefacelift st bumper fit the facelift st bumper but it seem like it does not i tried all different position with no luck so seem like i need to buy a new foglight.

#153 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Bummer about the skirts, 5 door ones seem pretty rare. Think Charlie has been keepin an eye out for quite a while too.

Whoever did the pre-facelift ST conversion on your car mustn't have changed the fogs then mate as they should be the same. Pre-facelift ST and all models of facelift use the fogs with a mounting bracket/hole in each of the 4 corners. All non ST pre-facelift models, ie your Titanium, use the other type, with only one bracket coming from the middle at one side...if you get me! Can post links to clarify if need be.

Do you need a pair or just one? I think I have a spare one in the shed but it has a tiny bit of corrosion inside it, fine apart from that.

#154 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Bummer about the skirts, 5 door ones seem pretty rare. Think Charlie has been keepin an eye out for quite a while too.

Whoever did the pre-facelift ST conversion on your car mustn't have changed the fogs then mate as they should be the same. Pre-facelift ST and all models of facelift use the fogs with a mounting bracket/hole in each of the 4 corners. All non ST pre-facelift models, ie your Titanium, use the other type, with only one bracket coming from the middle at one side...if you get me! Can post links to clarify if need be.

Do you need a pair or just one? I think I have a spare one in the shed but it has a tiny bit of corrosion inside it, fine apart from that.

can you send me the link for the foglight i need both i done the st conversion few years back but cant remember what foglight i used

#155 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

my foglight has 4 holes where the screw goes into on each corner il have another look when i get time maybe i just didnt put int on properly so it didnt fit.

#156 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Here's an example of the standard non-ST pre-facelift fogs that would have been on your Titanium originally...

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7eb95f57

Here's an example of the ST type one mate. This was used across the board on the Mk2.5 facelifts. Was also used on other models and even other makes (Renault, Peugeot, Volvo I think...could expand your search if you need to go looking for a bargain!).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccf440184

If you're saying you already have the right type then I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit as I'm only familiar with the pre-facelift ST bumper.

#157 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Yup I've been lookin for a set of 5 door skirts for a fair few months now with no avail. I don't fancy the work of trimming a set of 3 doors down.

Theres been a primed only single 5 door skirt on ebay for many months noe but is no good to me as I won't be able to source the other one. Need the pair.

Also as I've mentioned a few times my poor old car will of done a 100k in the next few days so I dont think its worth spending loads of money on buying new parts

#158 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

there was a set of 5 door skirts on ebay a few months ago and it only went for £26! i forogot about them and missed out...i bought some fibreglass ones in the end and still havent got round to fitting them....

#159 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Here's an example of the standard non-ST pre-facelift fogs that would have been on your Titanium originally...

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7eb95f57

Here's an example of the ST type one mate. This was used across the board on the Mk2.5 facelifts. Was also used on other models and even other makes (Renault, Peugeot, Volvo I think...could expand your search if you need to go looking for a bargain!).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ccf440184

If you're saying you already have the right type then I'm not sure why it wouldn't fit as I'm only familiar with the pre-facelift ST bumper.

yea i deffinetly have the right foglights so i think i just didnt put it on the right way up or being me i bet i put the right one on the left side lol il have another look tommorow thanks mate.

#160 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Yup I've been lookin for a set of 5 door skirts for a fair few months now with no avail. I don't fancy the work of trimming a set of 3 doors down.

Theres been a primed only single 5 door skirt on ebay for many months noe but is no good to me as I won't be able to source the other one. Need the pair.

Also as I've mentioned a few times my poor old car will of done a 100k in the next few days so I dont think its worth spending loads of money on buying new parts

it is hard to find 5 door skirt unless you got to ford. it depends how long you planning to keep your car if i was you and the car was running good with no major problem then il buy the skirts and sell it sepertatley when time comes to sell the car.

#161 moy24

moy24

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I had another go trying to put the foglight unit on the st bumper but it just dont fit i dont no if im doing something wrong. It is deffinatly a st bumper as it has the moulded foglight on it does anyone have a link to how to install the unit that be a great help as im just starting to get fed up with it. here the pic of the back of my foglight so im sur eits the right one.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5389.JPG

#162 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Have you a pic of the bumper bracket where you're trying to fit it by any chance? As I said, I'm not familiar at all with the facelift ST so a pic might help us work it out. The bulb holder isn't in upside down and fouling it by any chance?

#163 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I was gonna suggest givin Focuschick a shout as she recently fitted a facelift ST bumper, but she doesn't seem to have fitted the fogs!

http://www.fordowner...age__hl__bumper

#164 Highwaymanuk

Highwaymanuk

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus estate titanium

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm sure Liam said there is a metal bracket which fits to bumper and the fog light fits to that!

#165 liam-20

liam-20

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Name: liam
  • Ford Model: focus st3

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hey not had full read of thread but you should have a plastic bracket that slides onto the back of the bumper then the fog lights screw to that. Any questions just get back to me.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users