Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Magenta

Rear Coat Hooks Etc.

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to remove the rear coat hooks ? I assumed that the small insert was just a cover for the screw but when I eventually carefully pulled it out, trying not to mark it, it's a push-in insert thing. Also, out of curiosity, does anyone know what the two small slots in the trim are for below the rear 'quarterlight windows ? I don't know if it makes any difference but mine is a five-door.

Remove the trim cover/centre peg, and rotate the coat hook 90 degrees.

The small holes in the trim are to poke the metal bit of rear seat belts into when the seats are folded down, so that the belts don't get trapped behind the seats when you put them back up.

Remove the trim cover/centre peg, and rotate the coat hook 90 degrees.

Thanks, I would never have thought of that !

The small holes in the trim are to poke the metal bit of rear seat belts into when the seats are folded down, so that the belts don't get trapped behind the seats when you put them back up.

I bet not a lot of people know that - I certainly didn't ! Thanks, I've been getting the seat belt trapped nearly every time.