Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Fiesta Engine Conversion

broster

want to do a engine conversion on a fiesta i have, it currenlt has a 1.1L in it and im looking to up grade to something bigger, 1.6, 1.8, or even 2.0. what to know what would be the esiest, the amount of work, and roughly how much it would cost?

Its possible to do it, you'll need the following:

Engine.. its a good start,

Ecu and wiring harness

Upgraded gearbox possibly 2l focus gearbox

Clutch to go with

Upgraded brakes

Rear axle drum to disc conversion

Possibly throttle body

creating new engine mounts, possibly bulging the bonnet slightly also

1600 zetec s engine should slot right in, but youll still need the ecu, gearbox, clutch and wiring harness

To start with, what's your budget? I mean not all 2 litre engine's are better than all 1.6 engines, but then again the 1.6 might end up more than the 2 litre; example - 2 litre ST engine vs 1.6 Ecoboost.

A 1 litre Ecoboost would be fun seeing I've heard of a 170ish bhp version somewhere.

I think the focus 1.0 eco boost is 162hp in a car weighing less than 900kgs! Id say top speed of 130 min. Acceleration wil be phenemonal too

You might want to concider a 1.7 Puma engine. Its probably a better swap for a KA though of which quite a few conversions have been done.

I don't see much of the point of swapping to the 1.7 I mean its only an extra 100cc's From the 1.6 Obviously. All that money you may aswell go for the chunky 2L and blow the fish out of the water rather than trawl them with a 1.7, okay i've lost track on what i'm talking about

If you can find a clean Shell. Why not get an RS1800, still a few kicking about and a future classic for sure. More than likely a lot cheaper than converting. A mk1, I would of thought, would be harder because you'd need to fabricate mounts and stuff. If you fit an engine that Ford has already put in that car, the mounts will be already there plus you can get the wiring harness. As Blaine said fiesta ST 2.0 motor is your easiest option (puma motor would be my personal choice though).

"I don't see much of the point of swapping to the 1.7 I mean its only an extra 100cc's From the 1.6 Obviously."

The point is an extra 25 bhp and an awsome torque curve :D, racing puma an extra 55 bhp :lol: <_<

"I don't see much of the point of swapping to the 1.7 I mean its only an extra 100cc's From the 1.6 Obviously."

The point is an extra 25 bhp and an awsome torque curve :D, racing puma an extra 55 bhp :lol: <_<

Like this one:

http://forums.maxxd.com/immaculate-ford-fiesta-zetec-racing-puma-engine-t-5211.html

• 9 years later...

im in the same boat, ive got a 1992 mk3 fiesta with the 1.1 kent engine and was really thinking about a 1.6ltr zetec swap

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club