Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blanked My Egr Off

piper

I’ve blanked my EGR off.

Because of this the engine management light comes on.

Will this light always stay on or can disconnect it in any way?.

Thanks piper

you must have the euro 4 engine with the electronic egr valve,the eml will always be on because the ecu is picking up a lack of egr airflow fault code,some people have drilled a 10mm hole in the blanking plate which sometimes is enough for the sensor to detect some airflow and put the light out.

But drilling a hole in it defeats the purpose... It will still clog up albeit possibly slower

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah your right, drilling a hole defeats the object. I've read elsewhere that to over come the EML is to get a code reader which can be used to cancel the warning light. Try taking your blank out and unplug the multiplug, this will keep the valve shut thus acting as a blank. Is your car a mk3 by any chance?

Yeah your right, drilling a hole defeats the object. I've read elsewhere that to over come the EML is to get a code reader which can be used to cancel the warning light. Try taking your blank out and unplug the multiplug, this will keep the valve shut thus acting as a blank. Is your car a mk3 by any chance?

you need to fool the ecu into thinking its still connected, clearing the light with a code reader only works for a few miles

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club