• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kelsan

kelsan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 auto 2010

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

hi everyone i am new to this forum , also to my focus 1.6 auto petrol which is my first petrol engine in many years (bit heavy on the juice though )it is 2010 model, 2 problems i could do with advice on from you people who know fords .a few days ago after running about 2 miles i stopped at the shop when i came to start again it turned over perfectly but just would not fire ten minutes later started first time a mechanic told me it could be the crank sensor but at only 16,000 miles is that likely,it has not done it since. the other thing is that the temp gauge gets to normal (just under halfway) before ive drove a 100 yards or so is this normal for this type of motor .thanks in advance. kelsan

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

sounds like a temperature sensor has gone as it should take a heck of a lot more than 100yards to get up to temp im sure this is linked to the ecu and if the sensor says the cars warm when its cold it wont provide enough fuel to start the car ie no auto choke

#3 kelsan

kelsan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 auto 2010

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

thanks for that arthur.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users