Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average Miles Per Gallon Reading

gingertom

I was driving up the motorway today and the average mpg reading was 59.8 when I indicated to pull off at a junction. I don't know if I caught the button on the end of the stalk but the reading altered to 99.9 then fluctuated around this. When I reset it it has worked normally since. Anyone else seen this happen

There's 2 mpg gauges in the fiesta, one what you're doing at that very moment in time which you were probably looking at.

Click the stalk a few times and it'll go to your average :D

When looking at average mpg every time you either put the clutch in or the car is slowing down under its own power it jumps to 99.9mpg

When looking at average mpg every time you either put the clutch in or the car is slowing down under its own power it jumps to 99.9mpg

You mean the instantaneous mpg. That's the one that shows fuel consumption at that moment and changes to 99.9mpg on zero throttle. The average mpg would only ever show 99.9mpg if you reset it while moving on zero throttle but wouldnt stay like that for long.

Do

There's 2 mpg gauges in the fiesta, one what you're doing at that very moment in time which you were probably looking at.

Click the stalk a few times and it'll go to your average :D

Do you mean you can select either average or intantaneous mpg with different clicks of the stalk ? I only ever thought it displayed average. Obviously, immediately after a reset it is pretty well instantaneous for a while . Curiously, my previous Mk7 used to go to 99.9mpg immediately after a reset and gradually work down but this one starts very low and works its way up. Am I not operating the stalk correctly ? (Suppose I had better look in the manual !) Mines an auto so I have no clutch but I can coast in neutral (but don't tell anyone !) and the mpg quickly improves as you would expect. Contrary to what I read somewhere else on here, the mpg improves more quickly coasting than it does on the 'overrun' with a closed throttle. This observation applies to both my auto and manual box Fiestas.

Hi all

I havent got the instantaneous reading in my car, mine was a 2009my build.

Perhaps when indicating i had pressed the button in long enough for it to reset then.

Thanks for the replies

Hi all

I havent got the instantaneous reading in my car, mine was a 2009my build.

Perhaps when indicating i had pressed the button in long enough for it to reset then.

Thanks for the replies

Mine is a 2009MY build and it DOES have the current MPG reading, which also goes up to 99.9MPG if you take your foot off the accelerator at speed.