40 replies to this topic

#16 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Cant do revs without road speed unless hes gonna sit revving the !Removed! off it. So its everything to do with it.

Your initial advise was wrong.

I've never seen a guide that says keep under a certain road speed, how can they, all cars have different gear ratios and different engine speed limits. The guides work off engine revolutions.

You can drive at 60 in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Which do you think will be revving more?

Doing 80mph in 5th is less strain on the engine than doing 60mph in 3rd.

He/she looks at your advise and they think, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in, I'm not doing over 50mph.

As I say, it's all about revs.

You look at any guide on running a car in, they talk about revs, not road speed.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 abbyzetecs

abbyzetecs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

Looks really nice!! love the black, good choice in colour. i have gone for sea grey on mine.

Abby

#18 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

Your initial advise was wrong.

I've never seen a guide that says keep under a certain road speed, how can they, all cars have different gear ratios and different engine speed limits. The guides work off engine revolutions.

You can drive at 60 in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Which do you think will be revving more?

Doing 80mph in 5th is less strain on the engine than doing 60mph in 3rd.

He/she looks at your advise and they think, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in, I'm not doing over 50mph.

As I say, it's all about revs.

You look at any guide on running a car in, they talk about revs, not road speed.

Dont know what the hell you're arguing for anyway. If you read the WHOLE post it says modern cars dont tecnically need a running in period, hence the dealerships not advising you to.

#19 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

Dont know what the hell you're arguing for anyway. If you read the WHOLE post it says modern cars dont tecnically need a running in period, hence the dealerships not advising you to.

I'll, take that as a "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" ;)

#20 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

No, take it as ur a !Removed! and will argue over nothing. Had I meant "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" I would have said that.

#21 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

No, take it as ur a !Removed! and will argue over nothing. Had I meant "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" I would have said that.

Charming.

Just because I pick you up on a point that you were incorrect on, you call me a !Removed!. Check the internet, get advise from any mechanic, they will tell you I was correct in what I said.

You may think it's nothing, but the person who you advised may think different, therefore I'm well within my right on a public forum to put you right and give said poster the correct information.

Ironically enough, you were the one who brought the "running in" topic up, not me. I take it from the text speak and petty name calling, you are a young 'un, otherwise I'm embarrassed for you. I think you need to learn to grow up, realise you may not always be correct and show a bit of humility.

#22 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

Ironically enough, you were the one who brought the "running in" topic up, not me. I take it from the text speak and petty name calling, you are a young 'un, otherwise I'm embarrassed for you. I think you need to learn to grow up, realise you may not always be correct and show a bit of humility.

Ironically enough...

Ive done 100 miles in the last week please can I call that beded in? ;)

Paul

He asked!!!

As for a "young un" well that depends on you doesnt it really. If you are old then yes I'm a "young un". If you're young then I'm an "old un". As for growing up, well I think you should lose the know it !Removed! all attitude. I've forgotten more about Fords than some on here will ever know. Clearly, running in procedures is part of that. Now call it a day fella cos believe me you're !Removed! with the wrong bloke!

#23 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

I think we should leave it now guys. We come here to ask for advice and talk about our cars. Not to fight!

O and there is no need to swear!

#24 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Who are you? My Dad?

#25 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

Ironically enough...

He asked!!!

As for a "young un" well that depends on you doesnt it really. If you are old then yes I'm a "young un". If you're young then I'm an "old un". As for growing up, well I think you should lose the know it !Removed! all attitude. I've forgotten more about Fords than some on here will ever know. Clearly, running in procedures is part of that. Now call it a day fella cos believe me you're !Removed! with the wrong bloke!

Wow, internet warrior as well. :lol:

I think we should leave it now guys. We come here to ask for advice and talk about our cars. Not to fight!

O and there is no need to swear!

You are quite correct, although I think I was justified in explaining the errors of his advice. Last I'll say on it.

#26 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Far far far from it fella

#27 ste

ste

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: xr2i 16v
Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

nice car m8

#28 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Who are you? My Dad?

LOL fair from it. I recon ur old enough to be MY dad! Just don't believe ur expressing your point in the best way.

#29 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

LOL fair from it. I recon ur old enough to be MY dad! Just don't believe ur expressing your point in the best way.

Again that depends on your age doesnt it. I'm 35 and as for expressing my point, I'm known for speaking my mind. I wont change for anyone, least of all a car club

#30 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

Wow, internet warrior as well. :lol:

You are quite correct, although I think I was justified in explaining the errors of his advice. Last I'll say on it.

Just to put the source of my information for Mr Know it all. Please see the enclosed screen dump from FORD (you know, Ford!!! who make the cars) recommended breaking in procedure.....note the use of the term SPEEDS and not REVS by FORD not ME!!!!!. Worth noting this is also advice for a car thats now 8 years old.....dont think they'll give too different advice 8 years on

Posted Image

Does that mean if your opinion differs from mine, that mines incorrect even though FORD use the same terms as myself Keith???

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users