Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Mod Ideas

Rossostopher

Fair enough, I will steer clear of that one then. May just need to get a shorter ariel then because I don't like the long stock one

Fair enough, I will steer clear of that one then. May just need to get a shorter ariel then because I don't like the long stock one

Richbrook manufacture a short aerial for ford with the ford logo printed on the side, http://www.priracing.com/product.php/3240/0/ford-aerial

And if you purchase it from priracing.com you can get 20% discount off the cost price by entering Discount Code: richbrook20

Richbrook manufacture a short aerial for ford with the ford logo printed on the side, http://www.priracing...0/0/ford-aerial

And if you purchase it from priracing.com you can get 20% discount off the cost price by entering Discount Code: richbrook20

Damnit Lenny got me wanting a new aerial now..

Lenny as your the Guru fountain of knowledge guy :D lol is there any discount codes for DMB graphics ?

Lenny, will this aeriel work with the Sony DAB radio fitted to my focus titanium??

Lenny, will this aeriel work with the Sony DAB radio fitted to my focus titanium??

Hi Mike,

I don't know to be honest mate,

I know ford put an additional aerial in the focus behind the mirror on the drivers side wing mirror but I can't remember if its fitted to focus equiped with GPS or Dab purposes. Hopfully someone else can advise you on this because I know dab aerials have 12v supply going to them to amplify the signal and if its the same aerial used for am/fm/lw then the aftermarket aerial may not be compatable.

But my honest answer is that I don't know mate,

Hopfully some one in either mk7 fiesta or focus can advise.

Hi Mike,

I don't know to be honest mate,

I know ford put an additional aerial in the focus behind the mirror on the drivers side wing mirror but I can't remember if its fitted to focus equiped with GPS or Dab purposes. Hopfully someone else can advise you on this because I know dab aerials have 12v supply going to them to amplify the signal and if its the same aerial used for am/fm/lw then the aftermarket aerial may not be compatable.

But my honest answer is that I don't know mate,

Hopfully some one in either mk7 fiesta or focus can advise.

You can but a DAB/FM aerial splitter. for around £20 off eBay. I went down this route and it has been flawless. The splitter does require 12v as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I have now fitted new ultra white headlights, side lights and parking lights bulbs. I have also fitted the custom heater controls. Being the dunce I am I have still not taken pictures but will do in due course.

Lenny as your the Guru fountain of knowledge guy :D lol is there any discount codes for DMB graphics ?

STRIPE1 or STRIPEONE used to get 10% off mate and may still work

• 2 months later...

It's been a while but I am finally back on here and now paying for more stuff :D I have just ordered a new performance air filter and NGK iridium spark plugs. Hopefully just get a smoother ride and maybe a brake in increased power.

I am now looking at wrapping my stereo surround since the garage scratched it taking the radio out!

I have given up on the DAB radio and am now just looking at double din head units with iPhone compatibility. Anyone have any ideas of which are good? Preferably below the £300 mark.

Concerning the new head unit, how much do you want out of it?

Could get the bluetooth version of mine + fitting kit for 300.

Many fellow members have recently fitted different new head units so theres plenty of choice

I would like a screen, or at least something that doesn't make it look like two single dins stuck together! Just something compatible with the iPhone so i can plug it in, charge it and play music through it. I installed an aux cable on my current 6000CDS but its a pain using the iPhone to change tracks. Also something that is compatible with the control stalk on the steering wheel would be ace!

Well you can get my head unit for around 200quid, or around 240 for the bluetooth version. Plus 60quid for the fitting kit.

Has a touch screen, made for ipod, plays dvds, has a front aux in and usb port. Retains your stalk controls with the adaptor provided in the kit. You can also connect a reverse parking camera to it.

Also if your connecting an iphone/ipod touch to it, i believe it has app mode. Which allows you to use your phones apps on the head units screen. So i believe if you have a free satnav app on your iPhone, you can get satnav for free on the head unit.

Just an update, I have now fitted new ultra white headlights, side lights and parking lights bulbs. I have also fitted the custom heater controls. Being the dunce I am I have still not taken pictures but will do in due course.

Where did you get the lights from?

The lights were from eBay, I can't find the exact seller but ones like;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/55w-Ultra-Bright-H1-H7-501-Xenon-White-Main-Dipped-Side-Headlamp-Light-Bulbs-/281015284299?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416dd0f24b

They aren't the brightest as some go to 100W but I think the are superb.

The lights were from eBay, I can't find the exact seller but ones like;

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416dd0f24b

They aren't the brightest as some go to 100W but I think the are superb.

Thanks ill have a look at them. I was going to get the philips ultra blue from eBay as they come with sidelights but these are cheaper and come with Main beam and sidelights

I have been looking at installing interior lights in the footwells. I know some Foci have bulb holders and I have looked but can't find any. Does anyone have a decent pic of a bulb holder that I can compare mine to?

I have been looking at installing interior lights in the footwells. I know some Foci have bulb holders and I have looked but can't find any. Does anyone have a decent pic of a bulb holder that I can compare mine to?

heres what you need to be looking for

passenger side

DSCN0840-1.jpg

driver side

DSCN0836-1.jpg

If you find that you dont have the footwell sockets

Then see my fitting guide in the list below this post. It contains links to purchase all required parts for less than 12pounds.

guys, does the ST spoiler from a MK2 fit a MK2.5? Do they look the same?

The spoilers from a 2.0 and 2.5 are fully interchangeable whether standard spoilers, ST or RS.

The only thing you will need to do is splice the cables for the brake light as the plug ends are different for the ST and RS ones.

Basically, if you buy one off eBay you need to ensure that it includes the connector plug and at least a couple of inches of the original wire.

I've seen people putting 'garage doors' in the centre console in front of the gearstick, can someone tell me where to get one or have a part number for one from ford?

I have spotted three ashtrays that will fit on eBay-

This one is from a 2009 which means that it won't have the mounting area for the lighter socket, some have bought one of these and drilled a hole to allow the lighter to stay in it's original place at the back of the cubbyhole.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221180423082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

These, i can't tell what year they are from.

They may or may not have the socket mount, i'd recommend contacting them for either more info or internal photos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321060004605?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321058932229?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If the ashtray looks like this inside then it's a MK2.5 one-

DSC_0096-3.jpg

If it looks like this it's from a MK2-

DSC_0070-1.jpg

For an easy life a MK2 one is preferrable as no cutting required.

As for fitting, you need to remove the trim around the gearstick first-

1.jpg

2.jpg

Also there is usually a rubber cubbyhole liner too, that needs to come out.

Also you should have these bits to hand, the original lighter socket and an illuminated ring (the wire to connect for the illumination is taped to the socket feed wires.

DSC_0111-1.jpg

Next remove the driver side panel next to the clutch pedal, the round plug pops out and there is one torx screw then the panel pulls off.

This gives you access to the back of the lighter socket to assist in removing the socket.

The original socket mount is a black plastic ring with no illumination at all, you need to seperate the ring from the socket by simultaneously pushing out on two plastic lugs inside the socket, bit fiddly but doable.

There is a proper tool for doing this but i've only seen them for sale from American eBay sellers and they charge stupid postal prices-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Cigarette-Lighter-Power-Point-Socket-Remover-All-Makes-and-Models-/261157370987?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3cce313c6b

Sometimes the trays come with the lighter and/of the illuminated ring in place but more often not.

Replacement illuminated ring if needed-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAR-LIGHTER-LUMINOUS-RING-Green-/230904254154?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c2f74eca

Fitting takes no more than 30 minutes and you can't go wrong with the wiring as the connectors only go on one way.

If you need any more advice or help please feel free to contact me (by P/M if you prefer).