Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Rossostopher

Focus Mk2 Mod Ideas

71 posts in this topic

heres what you need to be looking for

passenger side

DSCN0840-1.jpg

driver side

DSCN0836-1.jpg

Whereabouts would I need to look ? at the side of footwell or say under the glovebox and steering column.

thanks

Hoping my focus 08 mk2.5 has them.

Whereabouts would I need to look ? at the side of footwell or say under the glovebox and steering column.

thanks

Hoping my focus 08 mk2.5 has them.

Found and fitted looks smart !

I've seen people putting 'garage doors' in the centre console in front of the gearstick, can someone tell me where to get one or have a part number for one from ford?

look in the for sale section on here!

If anyone that wants a 'garage door' for a MK2 Focus can hold on for about 5 days I may well have one available as I'm currently bidding on a Carbon faced one on eBay to replace my plain grey one.

If I win then there will be one going spare complete with the ashtray insert.

(that's if I win the carbon one anyway)

look in the for sale section on here!

i think what sal's trying to say is he has 2 going spare right now so give him a shout for all your garage door needs ;)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41653-focus-mk2-silver-ashtraystorage-compartment/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41654-focus-mk2-silver-carbon-ashtraystorage-compartment/

Cheers Charlie!

Well, now the OP has 3 to choose from!

Lenny likes this

Hey guy I'm new to here but I have just brought a mk2 1.6 Zetec a change from my mk4 Astra but good all the same you guys seem really knowledgeable so I have a few questions can I fit any st parts to my car or any major performance mods I can do I don't no my engine code but was going to see if dbilas make a performance inlet manifold or something along those line but I don't no anything about these cars and want more power lol any help would be great thank you 

hello and welcome to the forum!

your a few months off the biggest bump I have ever seen on here but 3 years 1 month is worth an honourable mention ;)

as for ST parts, it depends, what you looking to do> If its body work related then probably. 

performance mods for the 1.6 zetec, which one do you have? and when you say zetec your talking about the petrol engine or the trim level?

if its the petrol then if you throw enough money at it youll do ok, cheapest things are an exhaust, induction, moving up to cams etc, but at that point you would have been cheaper picking up a 1.7 1.8 or 2l, might need to change the ECU / have It remapped as well to get the most out of some of those changes.

if its the diesel on a zetec trim then you have some more options :)

Right a lot to think about then thank you for replying and well I don't really now I have a mk4 Astra and funny enough I brought this Ford Focus last night for 200 pound lol so cheap enough and on to the Zetec thing I'm not sure on the top off the actual engine not the cover it says Zetec se.   So I have no clue tbh I  very much love throwing money at cars just to make them sound and look nice and well at least a bit quicker . If had found a 1.8 or bigger for 200 quid I would have it in a flash but I got deal with this now but any advise on performance part when it comes to the engine I don't no where to source or what to look for I have plenty of back boxes and induction kits from my previous projects such as mk4 Astra sxi converted to 2.6 turbo was quick for an Astra have done a 1991 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 turbo 4wd but they are older cars so it's like I'm starting fresh again and could really do with any help anyone can offer.  Btw I see about the mk2 spoiler changed to 2.5. Very kool but do the clear like led look rear lights fit aswell coz on later models they do look nice cheers 

And also it's petrol lol

http://www.oc-motorsport.co.uk/index.php?products&type=1.6 Zetec SE Engine Tuning

have alooksy here, I think there was more mods for the 1.7 used in the puma but there are a good number of serious mods on that page

I know its a fiesta site but the engine is the same

Jammy 1.6 likes this

Wow a few things on there I want lol cheers mate I've just got the car home and it's a automatic but when u pull off it makes a knocking noise and has sod all power any ideas 

@ Jammy - £200! looks like you have an apt username!!!

Go onto the Ford ETIS website and type in your reg and this will tell you info about your car.

Either way you can add front and rear ST bumpers to it to make it look better. Mods wise it is down to your budget and how far you want to go.

With regards to the power issue - if you have a smart phone then download the Torque app and get yourself a bluetooth obd2 adapter off ebay (£5) and run the scan to tell you what fault codes are coming up.

not a scoobie, one thing to remember with this car is that the ABS / ESP goes mental when you first start off and you might get a loud thud to start, that should only happen once though after you first turn it on and you reach about 10/15mph

if you turn the car on then full lock the wheels and accelerate away the noise is quite alarming, its like a someones smacked the car hard underneath then grated itself on the floor for a few yards. ive got the 1.6tdci so I'm not sure what could be limiting your power, as sal said, get yourself an OBD adaptor, if you have a laptop id suggest getting

http://www.spanglefish.com/TunnelratElectronics/index.asp?pageid=516992

then download and install forscan from

http://forscan.org/

see if any DTCs pop up and do some traces to see if there is anything funky with fuel or air

well guy thank you for your help but today have had a good look at the car have taken the Thermostat out and replaced and air con belt then see there was a patch of body filler on the sump so I drains the oils and it looks like someone's bogged it but everything looked fine but just for piece of mined took the crank cover off and had a look and feel around and found the crank bearings a destroyed and don't no whether it's done more damage so realistically I need a new engine but 200 quid for the car still isn't a loss I was looking forward to minor problems and start modding but unless I can get a cheap cheap engine or sell I'm in a pickle I think 

Don't really want to sell as ino it's a bargain I have my friend who can help me do the swap need engine and engine Crain lol

ah that sucks mate, have you got room to break it? strip it for parts? the ECU , clock and ignition barrel will net you 100 quid min alone. :)

course if your going to strip the engine might it be a good time to look at some of those mods!

I haven't really got a council car park peak really I think I might just sell as one Loki still have my Astra but have got both up for sale. So should net me about 600 maybe more if I'm lucky but my Astra is heaverly modified so not worth much but in parts it's self I need a good reliable car and kinda want a ford 1.6 sigma engine now after seen all these mods and finding out u can get over 200 break I want a ford so if anyone ever heard of one cheap please let me no I can't insure anything bigger than a 1.6 unless it's a diesel turbo maybe 1.6 1.7 don't no what they come in but I need a turbo lol I am despite now anything please shout me you guys have been really helpful and hopefully il end up with another focus we see how it goes 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

that's a shame, its a Nice looking car.  theres some parts on that you can easily pull off and flog on ebay, scrap the rest of it, even if you pull the lamps, radio, ECU, steering wheel / airbag and any sensors, youll easily make up the 200 quid, I mean the switches under the radio (heated screen buttons + the black trim) will fetch 10-15 quid alone.

as for ford engines, the 1.6 TDCI of that age is notorious, if its not been looked after well and by that I mean 6k oil changes as a min then it could go bang, cars after 2008 fair better and by the time they got to 2013 the problems were fixed.  its a mean little engine though, youll easily get it up to 130hp without any physical mods, there are some other more serious mods like BMW injectors that will help you get up to 200 with a good remap, the MT75 box is only rated for 280NM of torque though so you might need to watch that. personally, if it were me, id get the 1.8 TDCI, solid engine, very few problems.