Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Build Thread-- Preee

Preee

Preee

Quick question iv never done nottin like that before but my focus is black an id like to paint my front callipers red, do you take the caliper off whilst painting and if so is it easy to put back on and that ?

you dont need to take them off i dont careful masking and brush paint with a good set of artist type brushes does the job just as well removing is a pain in the backend

Preee

Quick question iv never done nottin like that before but my focus is black an id like to paint my front callipers red, do you take the caliper off whilst painting and if so is it easy to put back on and that ?

Did not take them off , the only part i removed was the spring and used a small brush , gave them 2 coats of paint.

You still not finished the kitchen mate? How much you got left to do?

All i have left now is grout the tile's on the floor , fit the kick boards and a small amount of Sealing around edges.Only had one week off so now back at work i'm having to wait until the weekend for the final bits , but not far from finishing.then i have to fit the old kitchen into my gagrage , but that won't take too long.

All i have left now is grout the tile's on the floor , fit the kick boards and a small amount of Sealing around edges.Only had one week off so now back at work i'm having to wait until the weekend for the final bits , but not far from finishing.then i have to fit the old kitchen into my gagrage , but that won't take too long.

Fair play mate. If there wasn't the distance I'd pop round n finish it off for you while you was at work lol.

Cheers think im gunna paint mine with a brush instead of spray paint like :)

• 3 months later...

:rolleyes: Just brought a Zetec S spoiler , it's in primed condition , should arrive this Tuesday so i will check it for fit first and then shop around getting it Sprayed.

hmmm not going to be easy hiding it from her in doors haha :D

Good luck with that mate ;)

:rolleyes: Just brought a Zetec S spoiler , it's in primed condition , should arrive this Tuesday so i will check it for fit first and then shop around getting it Sprayed.

Excellent news mate,

Look forward to the results,

Does the mk3 have an existing spoiler to be removed and replaced with the ZS one,

Or does it fit to the boot as an extra instead of a replacment?

Excellent news mate,

Look forward to the results,

Does the mk3 have an existing spoiler to be removed and replaced with the ZS one,

Or does it fit to the boot as an extra instead of a replacment?

Yes it has an existing spoiler which i will remove and keep safe , for if i ever sell the car , i will then sell the spoiler on :)

Just got to find a decent garage to spray it now.

Yes it has an existing spoiler which i will remove and keep safe , for if i ever sell the car , i will then sell the spoiler on :)

Just got to find a decent garage to spray it now.

I know the guy who done my parts would spray it for 80euro if its cheaper to post over and help out the recession give me a bell lol

I will shop around Lenny , it would cost me at least 50 to post each way :)

I will shop around Lenny , it would cost me at least 50 to post each way :)

No prob, just sayin

I doubt I will be able to get it sprayed as cheap as yours though :)

Don't fancy it yourself?? I bought the spray gun and borrowed works compressor... The bought proper paint for my stuff and the finish is great!! All in all cost about £60-70

Don't fancy it yourself?? I bought the spray gun and borrowed works compressor... The bought proper paint for my stuff and the finish is great!! All in all cost about £60-70

If i had the Spray gun and compressor i would love to have a go :) , but alas i don't, and spray cans probably won't give me a decent enough finish , i will prep it though and rub it down ready for them to just spray .

Spoiler has arrived , now the search starts for a body shop to get it Sprayed , i can't beleive how light it is i though it would be heavy.

post-22424-0-23018600-1361381583_thumb.j

post-22424-0-06455500-1361381622_thumb.j

Wife - So are you fitting "Your" new spoiler later <<<< Sacastic Glare

Me - No

Wife - Why Not ?

Me - It's the wrong colour

Wife - what do you mean it's the wrong colour , why did you not get the right colour?

Me - because ! thats how they come delivered and you get them Sprayed !

Wife - Well how much is that going to cost ? <<<<<< now looking like she wants to hang me

Me - ow £20 tops <<<<<<< walks away with cheesey grin :)

• Like 3

Ha ha, classic! Looking forward to seeing the result mate.

As per message dude as I couldn't remember the underneath properly, there are 7 bolts which are covered- 3 in the middle and 2 either side. The locating lugs slide into the rectangle shape bits, the foam strip runs between those 2 ridges which will but up to the rear window when fitted, also there should be 2 small clear silicon bits which sit on the corner of the spoiler that comes close to the rear quarter once fitted. You will also have a bit of aero tape which is supposed to be used to protect the paint from rubbing on the spoiler if you don't go for a stubby arial. Part number 1695481 for a dab arial mast.

Wife - So are you fitting "Your" new spoiler later <<<< Sacastic Glare

Me - No

Wife - Why Not ?

Me - It's the wrong colour

Wife - what do you mean it's the wrong colour , why did you not get the right colour?

Me - because ! thats how they come delivered and you get them Sprayed !

Wife - Well how much is that going to cost ? <<<<<< now looking like she wants to hang me

Me - ow £20 tops <<<<<<< walks away with cheesey grin :)

ha ha Legend!

lol... woman just dont understand the value of modifications, they dont seem to be able to seperate themselves from dealership prices!

Spoiler has arrived , now the search starts for a body shop to get it Sprayed , i can't beleive how light it is i though it would be heavy.

post-22424-0-23018600-1361381583_thumb.j

post-22424-0-06455500-1361381622_thumb.j

Looks excellent preee,

Look forward to the finished results mate,

Colour codeing is cheaper than any hair dressers with the same level of transformation on the body.

;)

Modifications vs spoilers:

1) Mods last longer

2) Mods once made are less likely to want to be changed

3) Mods are more likely to get a second glance by men and woman

4) You can take a pair of scissors to do your own modification, and if you mess it up, you dont have to wait 3 weeks for it to grow back!

5) Mods are less likely to fade

6) Mods are cheaper by the time they have hit 6 months, than all the haircuts the woman folk have been had in the meantime

7) Mods dont get complained aboout when they get washed and its all gone curly, and you just wasted several pounds getting it done

8) Mods dont require up to an hour or two to be prepared before you go out.

...Too much mods Bias....

1) Hair grows back if its damaged, and doesnt need to be replaced (unless your called Wayne Rooney...)

2)... struggling now... HELP!