Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 12V Power Outlet Not Turning Off

graham1979

Guys

I bought two cheap dash cams from eBay for the front and rear of the car (inside) and these have batteries built in (could be important).

When I leave them plugged into the 12 volt power outlet they stay powered on/charging even after 20 minutes, which is when I thought it switched off. i left the little screen down and it is still powered on even when the battery of the camera is flat, it is still drawing a charge and I am worried that it will flatten the battery. The link shows they type of camera I bought, thinking about it sometimes they do power off. The adapter I have is made by ring and has 3 lights on showing battery power of the car's battery low/medium/high and this always stays illuminated as do the two adapters, one going to each camera.

linky:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIDEO-DASH-BOARD-IN-CAR-VEHICLE-CAMERA-DRIVING-CAM-ROAD-/250684120065?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item3a5df01c01

i bought mine for £20, they put the price up when they run low on stock. the image quality is quite good for something so cheap and is on a par with my friends roadhawk dc-1 although no gps etc. dont buy one of these cameras with infa-red it will bounce off the window.

thanks guys

I'm using following small device, 60USD from dealextreme:

imag0095oa.jpg

due to power-on/off when there is electricity in poweroutlet I've installed one small switch in front of handbrake, so I never forgot to turn it on every time I'm moving.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using following small device, 60USD from dealextreme:

imag0095oa.jpg

due to power-on/off when there is electricity in poweroutlet I've installed one small switch in front of handbrake, so I never forgot to turn it on every time I'm moving.

How have you installed the switch? I'd be interested in setting up something similar in my car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club