Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hey,

I've just bought some smoked lights for my Mk3.

They look like this "http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_500wt_1096" - Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links! :wacko:

Will these effect my insurance too much?

Thanks in advance

Mark :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,302 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: Non Ford at the moment

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

You would hope not but depends on your insurer. If you are under 25 your insurer may also refuse to cover you. I know mine wont cover under 25's with any modifications.

#3 iNath

iNath

Skoda Driver

• Super Mod
  • 3,437 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Frozen White Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Ring them up and ask ;) So many factors go in to deciding the insurance premium only your company can tell you.

#4 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey,

I've just bought some smoked lights for my Mk3.

They look like this "http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_500wt_1096" - Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links! :wacko:

Will these effect my insurance too much?

Thanks in advance

Mark :D

You can post as many links as you like. It depends on the insurer some only car if its a performance mod others but it up for everything. Easiest way to find out ring them up

#5 Mrmark941

Mrmark941

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 64 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mark 6.5

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

You would hope not but depends on your insurer. If you are under 25 your insurer may also refuse to cover you. I know mine wont cover under 25's with any modifications.

Ah, ha "/ Damn, I may have to sell them on then, oh well.

Ring them up and ask ;) So many factors go in to deciding the insurance premium only your company can tell you.

You can post as many links as you like. It depends on the insurer some only car if its a performance mod others but it up for everything. Easiest way to find out ring them up

The only thing is, I've not actually insured my car yet, I'm near to passing but just wanted to do my car a little bit. Oh well, do you think I could add it to a quote on like a comparison website?

#6 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ah, ha "/ Damn, I may have to sell them on then, oh well.

The only thing is, I've not actually insured my car yet, I'm near to passing but just wanted to do my car a little bit. Oh well, do you think I could add it to a quote on like a comparison website?

You should be able to yes but it might mean that some places won't insure because the car is modified when you do chose what company to go with just tell them what you are thinking of doing and ask how much it will increase your premium. That's what I did I asked about tinted windows and alloys when sorting my insurance was told it wouldn't go up unless I increased performance or spent more than 1000 on alloys a year later all fitted no increases

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smoked lights, mk3, fiesta, insurance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users