Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb/bluetooth And Samsung Galaxy S3

Jwsturner

Has anyone got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use it with the Fiesta USB/Blutooth for music and calls?

I currently have an iPhone 4s, but disapointed with the 5, so going to change to an S3. Only trouble is I like the way the radio works with the iPhone and don't want to loose the functionality I have (selecting/listing tracks on the radio display and having the phonebook on the display).

Any information is greatly appreciated

Android phones do not display track/artist information on the radio screen I'm afraid :(

EDIT: I may stand corrected judging by Mathrin's reply below...

It certainly pulls through the track title that is playing as I use it quite often on the way to work.

I have S3 . I have mk3 Focus phone book works fine , but track info does not display then playing audio via bluetooth. But if I get time I will do the audio update on the radio as it may not be upto date and report if that changes

Mathrin have you got the April update on your stereo? .I'm going to update mine and see of it displays track info

Well.. I tried to update it a couple of weeks back to no success, it just wouldn't *do* anything, so I'm guessing it was already updated when I got it from the factory. Only problem is spotify DOESN'T pull anything through... so I'm really unsure if I do or not.

No update on my standard head unit and it displays the track info on an SGS3

Mathrin have you got the April update on your stereo? .I'm going to update mine and see of it displays track info

Mine didn't before the update, but track now displays perfectly after the update. That's with an iPhone 4 though.

Thanks for the replies. Are you streaming via Bluetooth or using the USB port for music?

My photo's are from the bluetooth module.

Has anyone got a Brodit holder for their galaxy s3 yet? I want to get one, but not sure if I can use it with a case on my S3?

Mine didn't before the update, but track now displays perfectly after the update. That's with an iPhone 4 though.

As soon as i get chance i will check it and install the update.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I too am thinking fo leaving the iPhone behind for a Galxy S3 and would love to know what will happen if i plug an S3 in via the special USB port ( I dont have bluetooth). Will I be able to operate it remotely via steering wheel as I currently do my iPhone? If not I may just turn my iPhone into a satnav and mp3 playing device and permanently keep it in my car and use an s3 for everything else.....

Melissa

Hi Melissa

If you connect via bluetooth to your SGS3 , then you can control via the Steering wheel or voice control.

I have never tried plugging the SGS3 into the USB port. But via blue tooth every thing works fine.

OPs just re-read your post.

no bluetooth

Well like i said i have never tried it , but it should work like a USB drive and play music and controlled via the steering wheel.

I did think though that if you had a USB port in a Ford fitted Stereo then you naturally also had bluetooth as standard.It's usually Bluetooth with 3.5mm jack input and usually the USB is an extra to that.

Hi there,

I've only had the car a few weeks and its a new, 62 plate basic Econetic. I've not noticed any obvious symbols indicating that it was bluetooth but I do have the special USB with 3.5mm jack. If i had bluetooth would it be under the settings tab on the stereo?

UPDATE: OK Ive had a fiddle around and I'm pretty sure i do NOT have bluetooth :(

I'd appreciate it if someone with an S3 and special USB port could give it a whirl and let me know the results :)

Cheers,

Melissa

Brodi normally make a few different holders with different dimensions to fit any kind of case u have on ur phone, check out there website

• 3 months later...

I've just changed phone to a Galaxy Note 2. Fantastic phone and makes my iPhone 4s look old fashioned. Problem I have with the car are that I can only play through bluetooth as it doesn't recognise the usb connection. I have to initiate streaming via voice control.

It doesn't pull any track info over bluetooth either. And I can't use the steering wheel controls to change track.

I'm going to update the firmware to see if this changes. Can anyone let me know if they can do any of these things with their android phone. Also, if you can what music app do you use.

I can change tracks and i get Streaming information from a Galaxy S3 , standard programs .

Ive got a S3 mini. I can see songs and change tracks on steering wheel. Ive been using music paradise app.

Forgot to mention i can also use the voice commands to control the S3 music , play , stop , next

I've just updated the firmware on the head unit to the latest on the Ford website. There are no improvements to the functionality. There is no track information displayed and I can't change tracks from the steering wheel controls. I will try it with my brothers S3