Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta heater

chas

Hi guys, I have hesitated with complaining about this, but as my old girl still seems to be persistant and passed her mot (after a bit of persausion) just curious if anyone can suggest some checks. I was concerned before the christmas period that there was excessive mayonaise in the rocker cover on the last oil change, wasn't sure if this was an impending gasket failure, but was assured that it often happens with high milage ford engines, it's an endura petrol, 1.3.coming up to 85,000. Checked breather pipes, etc, and have been only too familiar with cars in the past that overheat/run too cool, usually spending much money on them getting a mechanic to try and diagnose the problem. Not had any pressure checks done on this one, of late the heater barely gets warm (I know, better than overheating!) but a few months ago, the temperature gauge sat nice and evenly in the middle of "normal", after a "warm-up" period, but not anymore, it barely reaches the "cold" area, (though sometimes does). Anyone any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I can live with this now the summer is on the way, but it would be nice to try and solve this problem, if anyone has any ideas.

That gunk your on about is nothing to worry about. Its just condensation sticking to the oil on cover.

As for your cold engine sounds like your thermostat is stuck open. They are really easy to change on the endura engines.

Make sure your gauge isn't faulty though. Check your engine is cold like it says it is.

Thanks for that gaz, guess thats something easy for me to change. I'm sure the gauge is reading correctly, as when I sit in traffic for a while, eventually the gauge creeps onto the "normal" area and hey presto, the heater becomes warm lol!

Hi again guys

was going to leave it, but as the weather seems to have turned for the worse think I am going to have to fit a new thermostsat. I know it would be better to fit a ford main dealer one, (don't mind paying £15, if it cures the problem) but would you expect a pattern one from a motorist centre to be fine, just thought I'd check with you experts as you are obviously more clued up than me.

Hi again guys

was going to leave it, but as the weather seems to have turned for the worse think I am going to have to fit a new thermostsat. I know it would be better to fit a ford main dealer one, (don't mind paying £15, if it cures the problem) but would you expect a pattern one from a motorist centre to be fine, just thought I'd check with you experts as you are obviously more clued up than me.

i boought a thermostat for 5 pound at a shop and did it myself car works wonderful now when i took the old one out the rubber seal was stuck in the metal part where it opens and closes

I always like to go for original parts. unless they are rediclously expensive! Lol. You usually get what you pay for with aftermarket bits.

For the sake of £10 difference I would be fitting the ford one myself. Get a new seal while your there if it doesnt come with one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club