Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminated Ignition Barrel Wiring Issues

Oxide

Hey all,

I was using Stoney's excellent guide on how to fit an illuminated ignition barrel and I seem to have run into a slight snag.

As I was threading the loom through to the courtesy light, both of the black earthing wirings have become disconnected from the rest of the loom resulting in all of the red wires being attached, however I now have two black wires which aren't connected to anything!

I realise this is probably an easy fix, but being completely new to any type of wiring or electronics I wanted to make sure I didn't get this wrong.

Basically what I'm asking is...where do these black wires go?!

post-36802-0-14203700-1348500072_thumb.j

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Oxide

• Stoney871

• quadrophenic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The socket at the bottom of the picture should be, by looking at it, the double connector?

Both black wires go into the same connection (obviously the one with nothing attached)

Wires on mine are blue not red but will be connected up exactly the same way.

foroxide_zpscf6dbc40.jpg

Ok, thought so, just didn't want to blow a fuse or something by getting that wrong.

Thanks again Clive, for the guide and for the help!

Looks good mate just need to get some night shots now. How easy did you find wiring it that way? Thought it be easier wiring it to the foot-well like I did.

Have you got your red foot-well lights in yet?

I found it alright wiring it to the courtesy light, had no issues it was just a bit fiddly trying to push the loom through the trim. Besides that (and me tearing off the wiring like a numpty) it was quite a simple mod with the help of clive's guide.

Still waiting on the footwell LED's, they should be here any day now, since I ordered 4 I'll have 2 for the footwells, one for my courtesy light and one left over. I contacted Jooceloosener (eBay seller with some good focus stuff) and unfortunately he can't get one of the custom mods in red so a 9 LED W5W will just have to do for now until I can figure out what else to do.

I've got my new footpedals and new climate control knobs on the way.

Foot-wells will look good mate. Get the one in the courtesy light, 2 in the foot-wells, coupled with the ignition barrel n your motor will be lit up nicely.

Which pedals did you go for?

Yeah I'm looking forward to the footwell lights, once they've come and they're installed I'll look at doing the rear footwells and maybe the boot

Nothing special for the pedals, just something simple and cheap to give it a decent look as opposed to the stock black ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320977745489?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1718wt_1265

Same ones I got mate, look the business in my opinion

Those pedals will do nicely, thought about them myself last time i looked through his listings.

Maybe on payday.

I have the bulbs but need to rewire the sockets as I'm not content they are wired properly.

Might get time to sort it out tomorrow then I'll get pics up.

Yeah, rub in the footwell led at the same time why don't you? :(

Sorry mate actually didn't even realize you could see the leds in that day shot :( honest ;)

Was gonna put this one up again mate to show em nicely em nicely illuminated..

DSCN0745.jpg

But that would have been harsh of me ;)

So I went with the day shot

Well in answer to your original comment, I dunno about Brutus but my sir name does literally mean Bandit.

Oh we do have fun on these forums don't we :P

Nope you pronounce the E. Like brig ant E or brig an tay.

For all the people that can't pronounce it n say brigant I dunno how I'm not in a padded cell.

Been called charlie brigant, brignate, briganit n even charlie brighton when people have tried to pronounce it so it does get annoying.

Got my footwell leds on order today (red) not sure about making the courtesy light red as it may look a little too much like a dutch whorehouse. Don't want to go blue either as I have the "ambient" lights (the ones in the light fitting) that are red and wanted to keep them matching. However the ignition led looks sweet. Brigante how did you wire it to the footwell lights? Have you done a guide or anything? I don't fancy trying to get it all through the headliner.

Getting it through the headliner isn't particularly difficult, if brigante can walk you through wiring it to the footwells though it's worth a shot. Stoney has a brilliant guide which can walk you through everything else here:

http://www.fordowner...-a-mk225-focus/

Yeah stoneys guide makes it look easy especially since the light actually has the correct "ends" to plug straight into interior light with no cutting into existing looms! I will see what brigantes solution was and make an informed decision!! :)

Never realised how much was available to make my little focus so much more interesting! This forum is a real bank emptier!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club