Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 Footwell Lights

Jay Ali

If you want them to stay on permanently you can wire them to the permanent earth of the courtesy light and the live to socket 16 of the headlight switch.

That way they will come on with the side lights.

Hi guys

Does any1 how to get the footwell lights to stay on constant

Mine currently Jus work with courtesy lights

Any help would be appreciated

Fanx

Would be interested in this myself too.

It is possible to have them illuminate as normal when doors open etc.

But also on a switch.

You would first need to disconnect the lighting from being powered by the gem and power them from the interior light instead. This way you can put a switch on the supply coming in to the lighting and switch sources of power for desired effect. Your second power source then would be an ignition feed which can be taken from the large red cable at the rear of the heater contrls.

You need to purchase a 3 way rockr switch and 2 metre's of cable.

The 3 way rocker switch has the settings I O II

So setting I would be the footwell lighting functioning as normal ie. On with doors etc.

Setting II will be the footwell lighting on when the ignition is on so this means your outside lights don't need to be active, just one turn of the key in the ignition to activate the lights when switch is set to II

Then setting O would be off on all ocasions.

Shopping list would be:

3 way 12v rocker switch (mount it next to OBD socket)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Round-Rocker-Switch-Car-dash-light-ON-OFF-ON-12v-/250879336977?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6992e211&_uhb=1

2 required of this cable.just to be safe on length

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Core-10A-amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-2m-/170680456683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd5915eb

And finally four female insulated crimp spade connectors to fit cables to the rear of the switch.

its not worth it trust me the plod will pull you ive already been pulled about the interior door leds

its not worth it trust me the plod will pull you ive already been pulled about the interior door leds

The 3 way rocker switch would allow them to be switched off aswell as normal functionality and constant illumination

But also on a switch.

You would first need to disconnect the lighting from being powered by the gem and power them from the interior light instead. This way you can put a switch on the supply coming in to the lighting and switch sources of power for desired effect. Your second power source then would be an ignition feed which can be taken from the large red cable at the rear of the heater contrls.

So setting I would be the footwell lighting functioning as normal ie. On with doors etc.

Setting II will be the footwell lighting on when the ignition is on so this means your outside lights don't need to be active, just one turn of the key in the ignition to activate the lights when switch is set to II

Shopping list would be:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Round-Rocker-Switch-Car-dash-light-ON-OFF-ON-12v-/250879336977?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6992e211&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Core-10A-amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-2m-/170680456683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd5915eb

And finally four female insulated crimp spade connectors to fit cables to the rear of the switch.

But also on a switch.

Shopping list would be: