#1 mattrix

mattrix

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

I recently replaced the factory stereo in my 57 plate fiesta with a different one after experienceing signal problems. The replacement unit was even worse than that factory one so i changed them back. However since then, my dashboard takes an extremely long time to "boot" i suppose you could say. Obviously there is always a slight lag between turning on the ignition and the needles coming to life, but i can drive 200 yards down the road before any of my needles start registering.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I dont see how the ISO block on the back of the stereo could be causing this problem? And it's not like the dashboard isn't working at all, it just takes a long time to load.

Thanks in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 BenM508

BenM508

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Fiesta Flame

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I also have this problem but it is coupled with a weird static/crackling noise :S and some fault codes on the ecu, I havent changed the stereo though :(

#3 colin79666

colin79666

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Had a Fiesta Titanium 1.4
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

First point of call is to check the battery for a good charge and clean connection and then earthing points. That should rule out any basic electrical issues. If it persists then you probably need to visit a dealer or independent with the diagnostic equipment to read out the fault codes and make sense of them.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dashboard, stereo, needles, help, radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users