Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Auto Lights And Wipers

clubber

On my phone and its a bit hard to tell but I can see a slight difference between mine and yours 508t.jpg

Onbyour loom the wire circled in your picture is on top (the thicker wire) on mine its under where there is a thinner wire with the same colours on top. Is that where you've added the newer wire on top? On the right hand side of the plug there are no empty slots

The circle on my image shows the cable i had to insert for the lights to work.

Your loom already has this cable. It is the one shown on your image with Green on either side and red in the middle located on the right of the clip.

Our looms are the same but mine is missing only one cable which is the one responsible for auto lights.

• Like 1

Great info for this :)

I'm in the process of doing this as having a new screen fitted this week (gen ford one) so getting the other parts fitted over the bank holiday so it just the matter of putting on the sensor and mirror on and fingers crossed it will all work :)

Having to change the roof loom tho as i don't have the connections for the mirror or sensor :( but i do have the wiring in the light switch to the PJB according to ford etis the wire numbers on the headlamp switch are

11 (orange/black that goes to fuse 103)

12 (red/green that goes to ignition switch/relay )

13 (orange/yellow that goes to connector C102 slot/pin 1)

16 (orange/blue that goes to connector C102 slot/pin 34 )

Will let you all know how i get on :)

• Like 1

Excellent stuff George, glad we've come to a conclusion of this mod and identify the potential issues. now you can sell the unwanted parts and get back some of your money.

Terry take a good hard look under the roof liner to be 100% sure you don't have the loom, mine was very well hidden and glued down, took me a long time cutting away the glue

Terry take a good hard look under the roof liner to be 100% sure you don't have the loom, mine was very well hidden and glued down, took me a long time cutting away the glue

With having a factory fitted sunroof its a bit hard to get into but i have looked and cant see it :( i am looknig for 2 connectors one for the sensor and one for the mirror

Also im missing 2 wires on connector C98 pin 12 green/white and pin 5 green/red

Terry, are you 100% sure you don't have those wires?

You need the following:

For the Autolamp indicator (coming from the switch)

Position 5 on C103 Green - Red

For the sensor (coming from the top)

Position 4 on 98 Black - Green

Position 11 on 98 Green - Black

Position 12 on 98 White - Green

You can find the connector C98 on the first post

Just saw your post. I also have factory sun roof, and to find them, i had to remove the screws holding the sun-visors and the courtesy lights (middle and side ones) and pull everything down.

Judging from your loom, you might have to change it after all...

I am not sure if you will find a cheap one tho. Personally, i will try to find the connectors shown above. It is easier and safer to run a few cables, instead of removing all the trims from the car to get access to the loom.

I believe the needed connectors are

Sicma3 2.8 Female Unsealed Tin Plating Terminal, Cable Range 0.35 - 0.75 mm2

and

CTS 150 Series Female Sealed Terminal Assembly, Cable Range 0.22 - 0.35 mm2

Terry, are you 100% sure you don't have those wires?

You need the following:

You can find the connector C98 on the first post

I have the following

Removing the C98 connector from the PJB i have the following

In C98 i dont have the following wire/connection

In the loom going to the roof did you locate the connector for the mirror too ??

Just saw your post. I also have factory sun roof, and to find them, i had to remove the screws holding the sun-visors and the courtesy lights (middle and side ones) and pull everything down.

Judging from your loom, you might have to change it after all...

I am not sure if you will find a cheap one tho. Personally, i will try to find the connectors shown above. It is easier and safer to run a few cables, instead of removing all the trims from the car to get access to the loom.

I believe the needed connectors are

Sicma3 2.8 Female Unsealed Tin Plating Terminal, Cable Range 0.35 - 0.75 mm2

and

CTS 150 Series Female Sealed Terminal Assembly, Cable Range 0.22 - 0.35 mm2

I have aready bought the loom as i work for a ford dealer so i get a great discout hence why i bought a genuine ford windscreen :)

Yes, everything i needed for the top loom was there. I was only missing one cable from the loom going to the switch.

In case anyone is interested, i found a website which has loads of connectors. I'll probably go there next week and show them the connectors i need.

The last couple of weeks lots of looms floating about on eBay at a bargain price too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-AUTO-DIMMING-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-TITANIUM-04-07-RAIN-SENSOR-/261255898619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd410a5fb

Terry did you look under the liner between the interior light and the windscreen? it's a tricky loom to find and you'll kick yourself if it's actually there.

On another note, i did not get round to fitting the mirror today it was raining badly, i did manage to get some wiring in for my other mods though and identify all looms need for this mod is there thanks to george confirming that.

The last couple of weeks lots of looms floating about on ebay at a bargain price too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-AUTO-DIMMING-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-TITANIUM-04-07-RAIN-SENSOR-/261255898619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd410a5fb

Terry did you look under the liner between the interior light and the windscreen? it's a tricky loom to find and you'll kick yourself if it's actually there.

I double checked the loom and found no connectors so i decided to remove it and fit the new loom i got from work. after a hour and a half all was fitted so now i have both of the connectors i need :)

post-44278-0-34699900-1377531280_thumb.j

I also have a extra one but no idea what its for. it has 4 wires so anyone have any ideas :)

post-44278-0-01581200-1377531239_thumb.j

Having new screen fitted at the end of the week so all should be go to go :)

• Like 1

Nice one! The end result will definitely look better with the proper windscreen.

• Like 1

Very nice. that connector is for the intrusion alarm system. Put up some pics from the outside to show what the original screen looks like please mate, i want to tint or darken it some how to cover the sensor a tad bit

Very nice. that connector is for the intrusion alarm system. Put up some pics from the outside to show what the original screen looks like please mate, i want to tint or darken it some how to cover the sensor a tad bit

Intrusion alarm system do you have a pic of what the sensor looks like ??

Will take a pic of the screen for you no problem :)

This is how the light with the alarm sensors looks.

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlu(BQz2gKqi7Q~~60_12.J

• Like 1

This is how the light with the alarm sensors looks.

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlu(BQz2gKqi7Q~~60_12.J

Having a ST I already have that fitted but in black and the connector for that only has 3 wires

• Like 1

Well had screen fitted Friday and fitted the mirror and sensor and all is working great :)

Does anyone know if you can adjust the light sensitivity as imo the auto lights do come on a bit prematurely

IMG_0713_zpsad69812d.jpg

IMG_0714_zpsf1a1e608.jpg

IMG_0716_zps875239d2.jpg

• Like 1

On my factory fitted auto lights, there is no adjustment, but you can adjust the sensitivity of the auto wipers.

Phil.

• Like 1

It's possible the sensitivity changes when lights are on or off, just a theory. I get the idea from my satnav ford blaupunkt travelpilot fx, the screen brightness dims whenever headlights are turned on

It's possible the sensitivity changes when lights are on or off, just a theory. I get the idea from my satnav ford blaupunkt travelpilot fx, the screen brightness dims whenever headlights are turned on

I think your right as my satnav ford blaupunkt travelpilot NX does exactly the same :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems i've come to a stand still on this mod, with the help of Ben i was finally able to activate wipers and headlights, although they were separate and took several attempts i got it all to work, however my sensor seems to be missing something that it sits into? and it does not have any "jell" or sticky oily stuff over the sensor, it's causing the wipers to not wake up properly.

Even in auto mode wipers wont wake up unless i wiggle the sensor or flick the stalk about. The lights work perfectly fine though.

Any info on what the sensor should be held into? because mine is clearly missing something and wobbles about in the cover.

Cutting the mirror was okay but i'm not satisfied with it therefore my best bet is to glue it in with gorilla glue once i've got the sensor working 100%

Clive will this pad sort out the sensitivity issue? or is this just to stick it on? i got silicone and TBH i was planning on using clear silicone to stick the damn thing on anyways but i want to know before i do that if that will sort out the wipers not detecting the rain correctly