#1 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name: .
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Got my Tdci zetec s booked in for a remap at Celtic tuning. Thought I'd do a thread and let people know the end result and how I get on with it.

I know some people have had remap and 'tuning boxes/resistors/chip'(whatever they're called) so any experiences people add would be good and hopefully this thread could be useful to people considering something similar.

I've chosen Celtic as they've said It'll add +30bhp and +49Ibft of torque which is higher than mountune and I know a few people who have good things to say about them as well as ok price... and its just down the road :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 scotthunter

scotthunter

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2012

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

What do you recommend for a petrol ZS? I heard that the exhaust note on the Mountune is a bit raucaus

#3 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Tbh Mountune's MP140 and MR155 seem like the best options for petrol Zs. Im sure you could stipulate a slightly different exhaust when they fit it or get it modified????

I know a remap alone on N/a Petrols dont make as big a difference as diesels.

#4 scotthunter

scotthunter

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Metal

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Is is possible to spec the same exhaust set up as the Metal with the mountune upgrade? I don't want anything sounding too boy racer like, just a bit more torque at lower engine speeds would be ideal, and a more fruity exhaust note but nothing too over the top.

Is it worth paying the extra for the MR155?

#5 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Couldn't tell you that bud. Ping an email to mountune. I'm sure they'll tell you what they can and cant do. I know of a couple of people on here that have had the MP and MR kits. Best search for their threads, may help you decide better.

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,665 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Had my 1.6tdci remapped last Friday by souhan.ie brought from 90bhp to 120
And fitted piper stainless duplex exhaust, completly new car and only 2mpg less than before the remap.

#7 Bearsdad

Bearsdad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'll have to give those Mountune boys a bell myself. I've had dealings with Angel Tuning near Banbury to get my 1.6 tdci titanium (60 plate) remapped. First time they booked me in on a day they were shut so I drove the 80 odd miles to find a closed workshop. Well unimpressed! After re-arranging and agreeing a discount for my wasted time and fuel, I delivered it back to them and left it with them for four hours as they said the anti tamper stuff on my model needed more time to get around. Long story short, they couldn't back-up the original map so were very reluctant to put the new map on (fair enough). Doubly not impressed! Apparently they have re-mapped newer cars than mine and couldn't understand why mine wouldn't play ball. Not sure where I'm going with this, just venting. Grrrr.

#8 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I enquired to Angel tuning Plymouth but they quoted an extra 100 compared to Celtic and with less power gains. Hoping I wont have the same issues you've had.

Lenny, whats the exhaust like on a diesel?

#9 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,210 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Heard bad things about Angel tuning from friends that have gone there.
Reduced performance and lower mpg which is obviously not what a remap is supposed to deliver.
I went bluefin and have not looked back.

#10 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Price on the Celtic Tune? I was looking at those. If they're decent I'll go for one; the launch-assist they can do also seems tasty so that might be a good buy (not for the Fiesta though :P)

#11 andyedge

andyedge

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Panther Black Fiesta Metal 2012

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

One question I have is how does this affect your insurance? I have found that you can't use comparison sites any more, since as soon as you add the option that your car has been modified with engine tuning/management system then the quotes are just ridiculous.

#12 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Celtic tune 295. Agreed launch control would be pointless.

I will no doubt cause controversy but whats the point in telling them? (Yes I know you should) and I agree they should be aware of mods.

#13 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

#14 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Celtic tune 295. Agreed launch control would be pointless.

I will no doubt cause controversy but is there any point in telling them? (Yes I know you should) and I agree they should be aware of mods. Mine even know that my stock wheels are white. I havent heard of companies plugging in to your car after an accident, which theyd have to do to even find out. Just my 2p

That and if they do find out you just tell them it must have been fitted before you got the car and where unaware and there's not a lot they can do as its a fairly big problem

#15 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,616 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

I will no doubt cause controversy but is there any point in telling them? (Yes I know you should) and I agree they should be aware of mods.

Yes, otherwise it's called insurance fraud and you've just posted it on public forum. They pay private investigators and the like a lot of money to look in to these things. They match up an invoice from Celtic Tuning to your car registration and you'd be screwed in the event of a claim.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users