Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Model Do You Advise Me To Get Next?

lpoolm

Hi everyone, been a long time reader of this excellent forum now I have a question I would like your advice on please?

I currently have a mk2 56 plate focus 2.0 tdci ghia (80,000 miles approx). Had it for about 4 years, it has always been "good" but now I am starting to have to pay money out on it with growing problems, latest thing was the DPF nearly £200 from Ford :( . It just passed its mot but Fords told me when it was getting its DPF fix that there was a few potential problems including the front and rear suspension looking a bit worn and possibly an expensive job for the future!

Because of this I think its time for a trade up I am thinking around an 09 plate mk2.5.

So a few questions I need help with.

1. Think I am going back to petrol to keep inital cost down, does anyone know which engine I would be best going for to have the same nippyness? I do like how my diesel pulls away at the lights leaving most cars behind. Would a 1.6 petrol be enough or would a 1.8 be needed?

2. All the cars in my price range seem to be the Zetec model, do I miss anything from the Titanium? I wanted all the extras that is why I got a Ghia but didnt really use cruise control I just think it is the 6th gear I willl miss!

3. I never got great mpg, if I got 44 I was happy with that but it was normally 39-40, can anyone tell me what mpg they get on a regular basis from what model. I do a lot of motorway miles but also a bit of stopping and starting to get to the motorway so maybe this is why.

Sorry for the long post but it took me 9 months to decide on this current car and I really do not want to be doing the same again this time!

Hi

If you looking to move to Petrol then if you like the pull of the Diesel , your not going to get that from the 1.6 100bhp , engine is sweet and it gets you from A to B , If you want the extra zip then go for the 1.8 , although you won't get the same sort of miileage as the Diesel

Moving to the Zetec , will lose rear power windows , heated seats , cruise control and afew other tiny bots. But if you don't use some of those your not going to miss them. Of course you may find a Zetec with extra spec included.

Keep us informed what you get.

I drive a 2006 focus 2.0 petrol titanium and it has half leather a/c, 4xe/w trip computer,auto wipers and auto healight,but no crusie control, i get 46mpg average but if i manage to stick to 60mph on motorway i can get 52mpg

2009 1.8 petrol Titanium. 37 to 40 mpg on mainly 5 to 10 mile country B road trips, no cruise control, nice Sony head unit and premium Speakers, the 1.8 is a Mazda engine used in the MX5 and the Mazda 6 so it should be reliable; it has better performance and economy than my last Ford, a 2.0 Mondeo.

1.6 ti vct its cheaper tax and the same power as the 1.8 thats why it was its replacement max torque from 2k rpm unlike the standard petrol that gives max torque at 5500 rpm and 36 to 40 mpg doing 10mile b roads no cruise control at 65mph u though if im being really honest go for a hyundai kia honda or toyota ford has went way down the reliability index mainly due to build quality ie leaks and poor reliability again from shoddy manufacturing

thanks for the feedback, givin me a lot more to think about.

Please let us know what you decide to get.

im a ford fan but honest ford have the ability to rival toyota etc the new foci was meant to do that now theyre being hit with manufacturing sloppiness leaks being one of them

Please let us know what you decide to get.

Hi, so I have seen a 59 plate 1.6 Titanium. Just under £8k, 25k miles, seems an ok price comparing to Polars/Peoples/Arnold clarks? Did not have it at the garage but looks nice from the pics.

It does seem to have a big screen on the stereo? can anyone take a guess at what is special about that? I was expecting a standard Sony stereo, not sure what this bigger one does?

Also could someone explain what does the following mean?

Fuel Consumption

EC Combined (mpg) 42.2 EC Directive 1999/100/EC Applies True EC Extra Urban (mpg) 51.4 EC Urban (mpg) 32.5

I understand the mpg but what is "extra urban" mpg and can you actually achieve 51.4 or close?

Thanks again everyone! :)

try more like 39 mpg ignore what the manufacturers say as you wont achieve close to that in the real world large screen is likely the sat nav for actual mpg the urban figure is more likely

Thanks for the reply, yes that mpg is more like what I was expecting!

Also I found out it does have sat nav! not sure if that is a good or bad thing but maybe a sell-on feature in the future?

the 1.6 100hp is gutless compared to my 1.6 tdci , try and get a zetec s as it has the twin cam 1.6 tivct wich makes a huge diffrence

the 1.6 100hp is gutless compared to my 1.6 tdci , try and get a zetec s as it has the twin cam 1.6 tivct wich makes a huge diffrence

Isint the 1.6TDCi fiesta 90Bhp but it would have more torque and fuel efficency compared to the 1.6n/a petrol model.