Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help

Blueclarkey

Hi all, i have recently bought a focus zetec s and am looking to do some modifications to it and would like to know what people have done to theirs and where the best place to start is.post-37289-0-08263300-1349017190_thumb.jpost-37289-0-08263300-1349017190_thumb.j

or if anyone can give me any suggestions of what to do, that would be a great help.

First things first get it lowered! It'll instantly look better

Another zetec s owner to make me feel jealous :unsure:

Looking tidy though mate.

Are you looking at doing big mods or little mods? Big mods yes get it lowered on some eibachs. Maybe a duplex exhaust if you haven't fitted already.

Little exterior mods how about upgrading the bulbs? Colour code your chrome bonnet lip? Or how about a second reverse light?

Interior mods how about a bit of carbon wrap? LED interior lighting? Installing rear foot-well lighting maybe?

If any of the mods listed in my signature take your fancy, have a mooch through my build thread to see if it's of any inspiration?

http://www.fordowner...r-mods-to-date/

Plenty of little things you can do to personalise your car.

Any hints or tips you need, feel free to ask.

We're always here to help.

Another zetec s owner to make me feel jealous :unsure:

Looking tidy though mate.

Are you looking at doing big mods or little mods? Big mods yes get it lowered on some eibachs. Maybe a duplex exhaust if you haven't fitted already.

Little exterior mods how about upgrading the bulbs? Colour code your chrome bonnet lip? Or how about a second reverse light?

Interior mods how about a bit of carbon wrap? LED interior lighting? Installing rear foot-well lighting maybe?

If any of the mods listed in my signature take your fancy, have a mooch through my build thread to see if it's of any inspiration?

http://www.fordowner...r-mods-to-date/

Thanks looking to do little mods at first, LED interior lighting is that a job and a half did ur focus come with lights in footwells already?

Mines the ghia model mate so already come with front foot-well lighting. You may have them though, stick your head in your foot-well, you may be lucky n have the bulbs already there with power to em, or you may already have the bulb holders n power to them but no bulbs, in which case you just need to whack in an LED wedge bulb n your sorted.

You may find you have the wiring in place but no holders, you may have the holders but no wiring. Or you may have nothing at all in which case it's relatively easy to install them and you need to route them to your courtesy light.

Lenny has already written a guide on foot-well lighting and can be found here:

If you are lucky to have front foot-well lighting in place it will be really easy and well worth installing rear foot-well lighting.

Best thing to do right now is stick your head in your foot-wells n see what you can see n from there we can advise you on what you need to do.

Even if the footwell lights aren't fitted as standard it's a straightforward job.

Strange thing is that some cars come with the sockets fitted with bulbs, some fitted without bulbs and some with just the mounting holes.

If you don't have any footwell lights showing at present, going by your build level, you may well have the sockets but no bulbs.

Look under your dashboard, left side is about 6-8 inches from the centre console and in a gap just before the dash curves up.

Drivers side is tucked up more towards the centre console.

Excuse the flipped photo, i couldn't find another at short notice and having it as a left hand drive pic would over complicate things.

post-28494-0-35069000-1349121458_thumb.j

Even if the footwell lights aren't fitted as standard it's a straightforward job.

Strange thing is that some cars come with the sockets fitted with bulbs, some fitted without bulbs and some with just the mounting holes.

If you don't have any footwell lights showing at present, going by your build level, you may well have the sockets but no bulbs.

Look under your dashboard, left side is about 6-8 inches from the centre console and in a gap just before the dash curves up.

Drivers side is tucked up more towards the centre console.

Excuse the flipped photo, i couldn't find another at short notice and having it as a left hand drive pic would over complicate things.

Cheers guys, i will have a look, still gtting used to the car and keep finding things did not know i had. Overall impressed with car but want it to look different to other focuses around me so looking for cheap mods that will help, also am bit of a gadget freak so looking for things to add (not impressed with stereo)

Just been out n took these mate so you know exactly what your looking for:

Driverside:

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

Passenger side:

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

Just been out n took these mate so you know exactly what your looking for:

Driverside:

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

Passenger side:

DSCN0840.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

Thanks, i will give it a go, do u know any other cheap mods that i could do straight away, what model focus do u have ??

Said earlier mate I've got the ghia model. Only a 05 plate so not as nice as your facelift but came with cruise control, rear electric windows, auto wipers/headlights etc as standard.

Cheap mods you can do straight away would be things like a bit of carbon wrapping as you can get a big roll of the stuff from the UK. What do you think of this look?

616537_467900009895224_240344393_o.jpg

If you already have front foot-well bulb holders with power to em you can get some decent LEDs from the UK to whack in. bulbs are only like a quid each but have great effect. Swapped all my interior lighting for blue LED n this is how it looks now:

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

You could swap your reverse light for a cree bulb to look like this:

472516_481578888527336_1610106128_o.jpg

And swap your headlight bulbs for some performance ones to get rid of the minging yellow look:

2012-09-01053623.jpg

Personally I've gone for the osram cool blue intense but there's that many brands to choose from. Phillips are good apparently.

The few things I've listed above can be done straight away cause you can get the parts from the UK. A cheapish mod for about 70quid would be installing a second reverse light.

Other cheap n effective mods would be custom heating controls, aluminium pedal set, LED ignition barrel n rear foot-well lighting. These could take about 2weeks though as most the parts come from china n america.

You could also get some DMB gel overlays, I'm getting the carbon fibre ones at some point.

Does anything listed in my signature appeal to you?

post-37289-0-29722400-1349126418_thumb.jAnyone know whether it is easy to change the front grill mesh and colour code the front bonnet trim like the car in this picture

post-37289-0-29722400-1349126418_thumb.jAnyone know whether it is easy to change the front grill mesh and colour code the front bonnet trim like the car in this picture