Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter Fitting Guide

Lenny

Not had a reply from hem yet, filter photo below:

filter1_zps34e581ec.jpg

filter2_zps1a4ad867.jpg

Thats the exact same filter as the 1.6TDCi mate,

Either purchase a Green Cotton for the 1.6TDCi or get yourself a K&N57s

How often should we be changing the air filters on the induction kit. I haven't changed mine so I assume its stock unless previous owner changed it. I thought it would of been a square filter like in my old peugeot 206 instead of these filters which look like K&N hah

• Like 1

How often should we be changing the air filters on the induction kit. I haven't changed mine so I assume its stock unless previous owner changed it. I thought it would of been a square filter like in my old Peugeot 206 instead of these filters which look like K&N hah

Depends on your model of engine as to what shape your filter is,

The 1.6TDCi is actually a Peugeot 1.6HDi Engine ;)

Easiest response is "in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations" in regards to how often should it be changed

Garages usually take it out and blow it through with compressed air then refit it and charge you 30 quid for a "replacement"

At least when the induction filter is frog green its clearly evident that they didnt replace it,

Which in turn also save you money,

Green Cotton recommend cleaning the filter using there cleaning kit every 60,000km

Most manufacturers recommend "changing" every 20,000

Depends on your model of engine as to what shape your filter is,

The 1.6TDCi is actually a Peugeot 1.6HDi Engine ;)

Easiest response is "in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations" in regards to how often should it be changed

Garages usually take it out and blow it through with compressed air then refit it and charge you 30 quid for a "replacement"

At least when the induction filter is frog green its clearly evident that they didnt replace it,

Which in turn also save you money,

Green Cotton recommend cleaning the filter using there cleaning kit every 60,000km

Most manufacturers recommend "changing" every 20,000

Hi Lenny,

I'm very surprised that their using peugeots engines in a ford?! Would you happen to know what filter an 2009 1.6 ford focus(mk2.5 or mk2 not 100% sure). I like the look of the green one but is the price justified though? To me £60 seems quite steep for an induction kit no?

• Like 1

Hi Lenny,

I'm very surprised that their using peugeots engines in a ford?! Would you happen to know what filter an 2009 1.6 ford focus(mk2.5 or mk2 not 100% sure). I like the look of the green one but is the price justified though? To me £60 seems quite steep for an induction kit no?

not 100% sure mate,

if you log on to Micksgarage.com and insert your vehicle reg they will dispaly a list of filters specific to your motor.

the 1.6tdci and 2.0tdci are both Citroen Peugeot engines mate the only Ford diesel is the 1.8TDCi

can even purchase a HDi Peugeot engine cover and it will fit directly on top of the engine in the focus engine bay.

it was a competition for efficient engines and Peugeot came up trumps so ford fitted them too

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lenny,

it pays for its self after a few services :)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have decided to pick the best part for my focus and decided if Lenny uses this so Will I and combined with iridium spark plugs as the car is due a service :)#

EDIT: Found it at a fantastic price :http://www.autoinparts.com/Air_Filters_&_Accessories-Green_Cotton_Air_Filters-Green_Filters_by_Application_-_Panel_Filters_&_Induction_kits-Standard_Replacement_Filter/c992_1005_1063_1067/p137582/FORD_FOCUS_II_1,6L__-_Standard_Replacement_Filter/product_info.html

+1 on the NGK iridium plugs mate,

Obviously i havent fitted them to my focus lol but i did have them on my Toyota Sprinter Levin BZR and noticed a smoother tick over aswell as mote responsive acceleration,

+1 on the NGK Iridium plugs mate,

Obviously i havent fitted them to my focus lol but i did have them on my Toyota Sprinter Levin BZR and noticed a smoother tick over aswell as mote responsive acceleration,

How come you didnt fit them to your focus too?

• Like 1

How come you didnt fit them to your focus too?

Assuming your serious on the question ill respond;

My focus is a Diesel.

Uses Glow Plugs instead of spark plugs,

The glow plugs just get red hot like a poker and stay that way theres no real improvements to be made.

Spark plugs flash on and off,

The more conductive they are, the more responsive the engine give or take a few bhp and efficency.

• Like 1

Assuming your serious on the question ill respond;

My focus is a Diesel.

Uses Glow Plugs instead of spark plugs,

The glow plugs just get red hot like a poker and stay that way theres no real improvements to be made.

Spark plugs flash on and off,

The more conductive they are, the more responsive the engine give or take a few bhp and efficency.

I always thought your focus was a petrol mate haha!

• Like 1

I always thought your focus was a petrol mate haha!

Who ever said that Diesel couldnt look sexy :lol:

Looks like a performance petrol but unlike a performance petrol it can be taken on tour :)

IMG_20150412_113114_zpsd6od3sfn_edit_142

• Like 3

My filter should be here soon from the link above Lenny, also which wipes are the Matt finish Armor All dashboard wipes ones. There are many different types and the result you have looks top notch

• Like 1

My filter should be here soon from the link above Lenny, also which wipes are the Matt finish Armor All dashboard wipes ones. There are many different types and the result you have looks top notch

Thanks mate,

There an orange packet with a green tab says Matt finish

I think its a red tab on the gloss finish packet,

This is the pack on the left in image from Halfords available in Tesco and fuel stations aswell.

IMG_20141007_185406_zpsvozrnzqe_edit_143

• Like 1

Thanks mate,

There an orange packet with a green tab says Matt finish

I think its a red tab on the gloss finish packet,

This is the pack on the left in image from Halfords available in Tesco and fuel stations aswell.

IMG_20141007_185406_zpsvozrnzqe_edit_143

I would like to use an halford card Lenny but there is not a Halfords on the isle of man ;)

• Like 1

I would like to use an halford card Lenny but there is not a Halfords on the isle of man ;)

ow rite yeah :lol:

Have you ever considerd starting a franchise business ;)

• Like 1

The airfilter from the website I wrote above is legit and cheaper, it just arrived. Just waiting for the wipes lenny suggested to arrive then I can install this bad boy:

2015-06-30_1346.png

2015-06-30_1347.png

2015-06-30_1349.png

• Like 1

The airfilter from the website I wrote above is legit and cheaper, it just arrived. Just waiting for the wipes lenny suggested to arrive then I can install this bad boy:

2015-06-30_1346.png

2015-06-30_1347.png

2015-06-30_1349.png

Looks nice and clean compared to mine now mate :)

I see the base rubber is now green too, mines black rubber top & bottom.

Christ that is a big !Removed! filter

• Like 1

Christ that is a big !Removed! filter

Same size cylinder induction filter fits the 2008 onwards 1.6TDCi and the RS as they share the same air box casing,

RS model has an additional snorkel on the scoop to feed extra air in,

rs-induction-kit_zpsdf6c3d59_edit_143573

However there is bigger :lol:

The K&N57s Induction kit for the 1.6TDCi and RS Focus,

Consists of a larger than standard cylinder filter, the kit comes with a raised aftermarket air box lid to enable housing of the larger filter aswell as a cap to cover a side induction port at the top of the filter.

My Green Filter is now black with carbon and dirt,

I've probably sped up the process having drilled holes in the lid to increase flow:

IMG_20130816_120222_zps8f447eb5.jpg

IMG_20130816_120154_zps114c3396.jpg

Due to aviation restrictions on Shipping of aerosols, i cant obtain an air filter cleaning kit online and have it shipped across :(

So I've made a decision and purchased a K&N57s its on the way, expected early next week,

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331483734082

imgsize_edit_1435742557116_zpsmvbgg3di.j

I'm not able to fit it myself due to hip fracture but ill instruct Victoria on the fitting followed by reporting on her review as i cant drive at present.

I have been agenst K&N in the past due to there mass production process restricting flow as excessive glue blocks the induction surface,

But this 57s is a larger filter in a bigger housing with additional side induction, I'm expecting some form of change from fitting.

It was either buy another Green Cotton Performance Induction filter or try somthing new,

so ill try this K&N57s and report on findings may be better may be a waste of money don't know yet lol but will soon.

Why can't you get the cleaning Kit? Its not pressurised or is this a chemical thing?

Interesting about the RS Scoop, would this be a worth while mod for the future perhaps~?

• Like 1

Why can't you get the cleaning Kit? Its not pressurised or is this a chemical thing?Interesting about the RS Scoop, would this be a worth while mod for the future perhaps~?

Back when i bought the Green Cotton Performance induction filter from PriRacing,

I explained my intention to create this guide and highlight the benefits of fitting a Green,

To say thanks; PriRacing included a cleaning kit as part of my filter in shipping,

When it got to aviation they returned to sender as the Green cleaning kit contained a pressured container,

So it never got here and my filter was delayed,

I could go to Halfords and pay over the odds for a K&N cleaning kit but id prefer buy a new one to be honest,

I reckon the base of the stock Focus RS airbox would be a nice little upgrade to the 1.6TDCi

However sourcing this part at a reasonable price can prove most difficult i wouldnt pay over 30 pounds for it.

Back when i bought the Green Cotton Performance induction filter from PriRacing,

I explained my intention to create this guide and highlight the benefits of fitting a Green,

To say thanks; PriRacing included a cleaning kit as part of my filter in shipping,

When it got to aviation they returned to sender as the Green cleaning kit contained a pressured container,

So it never got here and my filter was delayed,

I could go to halfords and pay over the odds for a K&N cleaning kit but id prefer buy a new one to be honest,

I reckon the base of the stock Focus RS airbox would be a nice little upgrade to the 1.6TDCi

However sourcing this part at a reasonable price can prove most difficult i wouldnt pay over 30 pounds for it.

It does look like an aerosol but it isn't, the oil is just a hand pump its no more dangerous then aftershave, in fact id say those are worse, can't imagine the oil stuff would flash up like alcohol based smelly stuff.

Yeah I had a look for RS parts after I saw your post, hens teeth comes to mind!

• Like 1

It does look like an aerosol but it isn't, the oil is just a hand pump its no more dangerous then aftershave, in fact id say those are worse, can't imagine the oil stuff would flash up like alcohol based smelly stuff.Yeah I had a look for RS parts after I saw your post, hens teeth comes to mind!

Only parts required would be the Focus RS airbox plastic base and the short hose snorkle,

If i had a windows based computer id be able to source the Finis codes from Ford Ecat and get prices on both parts,

But im on Android since 2014 been intending to purchase a replacement laptop but always spent the money on mods instead lol

Anyways,

Im sure ford would be under 50 pounds for both parts as there not somthing that would be currently highly sought after,

For example: i bought my mk3 focus mist type windscreen washer jets for 2.75 each

Then they became popular and ford cashed in by upping the price to 25.00 each

See Guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27149-guide-to-fitting-mist-type-jets-on-your-ford/page__gopid__145927#entry145923

I reckon the airbox base and hose would be cheap enough,

Same part now used on the Mk3 ST Focus by the looks of things and the same K&N57s fits both models so it must be the same design.

Another alternative is this spin off of the K&N57s from company "Raid HP"

See link: http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1610