Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

185 posts in this topic

Don't forget to treat your old cotton filter and then you can resell it like new Lenny. Maybe you putting a whole in the air filter box impacted its life quicker too. I have to say since fitting mine a week or two after a bit of dust has built up its performing better than ever and sounds better too. You can really hear it woosh

Lenny likes this

I have it packaged up as is if anyone wants it for the price of shipping,

Its never been cleaned because i cant find anywhere in Ireland that supplies the induction filter cleaning kits, and aviation regulations wont ship a cleaning kit from the UK,

IMG_20150802_154345_zpsnayyxx8x.jpg

Maybe you putting a whole in the air filter box impacted its life quicker too.

IMG_20150802_154320_zpspqgbunmj.jpg

I agree,

Drilling the holes in the front of the stock airbox lid; did allow more contamination to enter speeding up the dirt level of the filter,

Although it did increase induction noise it didn't do much noticable difference in performance having done it.

Im gonna clean it up, stick a K&N +5bhp sticker on it and list on eBay,

IMG_20150802_170449_zpsm84nxcgv.jpg

IMG_20150802_170501_zpsbbegfakw.jpg

IMG_20150802_170510_zpsvaztuecb.jpg

Looks Good :)

I have to say since fitting mine a week or two after a bit of dust has built up its performing better than ever and sounds better too. You can really hear it woosh

That would be your MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) adjusting to the increased flow from the newly fitted filter mate,

After upgrading induction filter, people disconnect battery for 10 minutes to reset the ECU,

This causes the MAF sensor to adjust immediately however the MAF sensor will self adjust in a couple of weeks without disconnecting battery as you have now found.

I personally don't recommend disconnecting the battery to people because it leads in to a whole different discussion regarding the security code for the stereo headunit etc.

Glad your happy with the filter upgrade mate,

Other mods you may consider on your 1.6 petrol are:

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs,

Oil Catch Tank,

Silicone Induction hose replacement,

Engine bay earth kit.

theredfox and Jeremyc like this

take it you will be colour coding the k@n in the future lenny find it hard to believe you could not buy cleaning kit for the green cotton filter and have it posted over by road

paul

Lenny likes this

take it you will be colour coding the k&n in the future lenny find it hard to believe you could not buy cleaning kit for the green cotton filter and have it posted over by road

paul

I think ill leave it black mate,

If i did have it colour coded id be spraying the K&N logo black again, would leave much silver,

I cant spray paint to save my life neither so would mean leaving it with body shop,

Probably could purchase a cleaning kit via ParcelMotel in Antrim but to be honest i didnt try too hard to import a cleaning kit,

The guys at Pri-Racing whom sent me the Green Cotton Performance filter tried to include a cleaning kit along with the filter,

But airport customs sent it back to Pri-Racing refusing to ship it with can inside,

So i just recieved the filter and i didnt try purchasing elsewhere,

Halfords sell the K&N cleaning kits but i havent priced them,

I just went for the 57s kit.

theredfox likes this

I have it packaged up as is if anyone wants it for the price of shipping,

Its never been cleaned because i cant find anywhere in Ireland that supplies the induction filter cleaning kits, and aviation regulations wont ship a cleaning kit from the UK,

IMG_20150802_154345_zpsnayyxx8x.jpg

IMG_20150802_154320_zpspqgbunmj.jpg

I agree,

Drilling the holes in the front of the stock airbox lid; did allow more contamination to enter speeding up the dirt level of the filter,

Although it did increase induction noise it didn't do much noticable difference in performance having done it.

Im gonna clean it up, stick a K&N +5bhp sticker on it and list on eBay,

IMG_20150802_170449_zpsm84nxcgv.jpg

IMG_20150802_170501_zpsbbegfakw.jpg

IMG_20150802_170510_zpsvaztuecb.jpg

Looks Good :)

That would be your MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) adjusting to the increased flow from the newly fitted filter mate,

After upgrading induction filter, people disconnect battery for 10 minutes to reset the ECU,

This causes the MAF sensor to adjust immediately however the MAF sensor will self adjust in a couple of weeks without disconnecting battery as you have now found.

I personally don't recommend disconnecting the battery to people because it leads in to a whole different discussion regarding the security code for the stereo headunit etc.

Glad your happy with the filter upgrade mate,

Other mods you may consider on your 1.6 petrol are:

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs,

Oil Catch Tank,

Silicone Induction hose replacement,

Engine bay earth kit.

If you've still got the green cotton filter Lenny I'll take it off your hands? Pm me your PayPal address and I'll send you what you want for it

If you've still got the green cotton filter Lenny I'll take it off your hands? Pm me your PayPal address and I'll send you what you want for it

very sorry to say;

I got itchy with a few match sticks a couple of weeks ago and well it's gone like woof

catmand00 and theredfox like this

up in puff of smoke :D but what a glorious way to go

Lenny likes this

up in puff of smoke :D but what a glorious way to go

Sent it up to Paul Walker in the Skyline

theredfox likes this

My Green filter which i ordered off the back of this thread arrived today. Couldn't fit it as it was raining so much earlier. Itching to fit it tomorrow and see if there's any difference. Already looks the part though.

Lenny likes this

Hi lenny, the recommended k&n drop in filter for my 2007 focus tdci 2.0 is e-2993, if i order a 57s perfomance air box, will it have a drop in filter that compatible with my focus?