Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Performance Induction Filter Fitting Guide

Lenny

Worth the high asking price or not Alkyz?

Roll Drum please mistro? .......

its hard to say at the moe... ill wait to see what effect if any it has on the mpg. but like i said the gear change seems alot smoother so i guess thats got to be good for the car.

im happy i guess apart from the fact they sent to the billing address like a right bunch of plonkers, so i had to take the morning off of work to pick it up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

With my car i have not noticed any difference at all ?

It has changed acceleration its a bit quicker

But at least i can actually clean this filter rather than wasting a tree (paper filter)

I Wish i could hear the turbo more :-(

Jamie

I must admit my cheap universal filter, as time has gone on, is sounding better (not over-loud or rough, just nice).

Wondering if it's even worth changing it?

I must admit my cheap universal filter, as time has gone on, is sounding better (not over-loud or rough, just nice).

Wondering if it's even worth changing it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I won't be buying one after the thoughts in this thread. It sounds like it has a better effect on the diesels.

Hi

Iam rather dissapointed.

But at least i can actually clean this filter rather than wasting a tree (paper filter)

Jamie

You should find an increase in MPG mate, is that 44.6mpg on your signature correct?

Mine is 56.2Mpg and its not an ecoboost with flappy grill,

Its been mapped to 120bhp

Hi Lenny

My car is dretfull on fuel i will take it in and get the ecm/ecu software updated.

I cannot get anything above 50mpg even if i drive like a nun.

Jamie

Hi Lenny

My car is dretfull on fuel i will take it in and get the ecm/ecu software updated.

I cannot get anything above 50mpg even if i drive like a nun.

Jamie

Iam rather dissapointed.

Jamie

So do you think the problem with the engine performance would be more at fault with the engine's ECU and not the actual Green Cotton filter in question.

Resulting in your negative review of the product to be invalid until your car is mechancialy proven to perform as an econetic.?

Just a thought.

Just thought id put up a little update of my findings.

I've removed the slam panel to have it colour coded, and to my surprise their is a large snorkle pipe for the induction housing under the slam panel,

I always thought that the air was fed straight in to the airbox from the pipe directly in front of the induction box, I didn't realise it had such a distance to travel.

But the exhaust sounds better with the slam panel temperarely removed.

Which is causing me to consider removing the snorkle horizontal section to make it a straight feed but then if water got in I would be sorry lol.

Image2429.jpg

Lenny any more thoughts on this snorkel??? I too was surprised when i saw this and thought about removing it completely and replacing it with a hose pointing down towards the intercooler area

Lenny any more thoughts on this snorkel??? I too was surprised when i saw this and thought about removing it completely and replacing it with a hose pointing down towards the intercooler area

Hi Sal

I had a thought that the mountune replacemnent airbox lid for the RS may fit the airbox on the diesel,

Im not 85% sure which means i wont be purchasing it to try, unless i can pick one up second hand or i can confirm the part number for the airbox base to be the same. Because on the inside of the airbox lid their are 3 lines with 3 different part numbers, two of them say diesel followed by the part number and one says petrol.

But which petrol engine is it compliant with? I have yet to find out.

I had thought of purchasing some fittings from JJC Racing to bring the rectangular tip of the airbox to a round port to fit a custom snorkle followed by another mesh wide scoop on the outer end then fit lower in the front end, but my daily route to work is subject to some flooding when heavy rain occours,

So this is detering me from doing anything with it.

But their is a noticeable increase in sound and torque when the slam plate is removed.

Maybe fit a mesh port to the slam panel just above the stock induction port location, would increase flow and remain high up from the road.

Hi Lenny

I think it is to do with the snorkel as described by salsheikh

No way is it the air filter.

Maybe i should get the ecu updated and see if that helps.

Its still new really (7400 miles)

Would changing the oil help as that must be full of metal (plus the oil filter)

Jamie

Hello,

Im new to this forum (feel free to be as critical as you want) as i have only owned my 2005 mk2 1.6 TDCI (110ps) for a week now. Ive been thinking into buying the cotton green filter for mine, But due to the mixed reviews im not sure. There seems to be a difference in diesel and petrol in response to the new filter. If anyone with experience of the upgrade was to sum it up? Is it worth the upgrade and the money. (especially with a Diesel in mind)

Also if i was to upgrade what shape would be my? Cylindrical or panel?

Thanks

Hello,

Im new to this forum (feel free to be as critical as you want) as i have only owned my 2005 mk2 1.6 TDCI (110ps) for a week now. Ive been thinking into buying the cotton green filter for mine, But due to the mixed reviews im not sure. There seems to be a difference in diesel and petrol in response to the new filter. If anyone with experience of the upgrade was to sum it up? Is it worth the upgrade and the money. (especially with a Diesel in mind)

Also if i was to upgrade what shape would be my? Cylindrical or panel?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I too have a 1.6TDCi i found the Green Cotton filter to be a great upgrade resulting in smoother gear change and increased fuel econemy.

But i do also have a 2.5" exhaust system and ecu remap which all play their part in performance so listen to others before purchase encase the filter for me was the iceing on the cake.

Hello

Thanks for the reply, ill keep that in mind. That brings me on to the next thing is the ECU remap. What am i looking to pay for a good remap. I have looked into Super chip and Bluefin and thay are a tad expensive. Im low on the monies at the momment

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Bluefin is expensive but its proven. And you can remove the remap at a moments notice ie if the car goes in for work etc etc

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

I know o asked else where, but this is related to this also.

Anyone with a petrol engine got views on ifthis changes your engine sound? Anyone combined this witg drilling your airbox too?

Hm, can't seem to find one of these for my 1.6 diesel Fiesta :(

I know o asked else where, but this is related to this also.

Anyone with a petrol engine got views on ifthis changes your engine sound? Anyone combined this witg drilling your airbox too?

Go for it Gav, it will give a nice roar when you boot it! if its a panel filter your getting then drill box on top only, if its a round filter then on wing side, away from engine heat.

Go for it Gav, it will give a nice roar when you boot it! if its a panel filter your getting then drill box on top only, if its a round filter then on wing side, away from engine heat.

I think ill Give it a go. But by design(its a round one) I can't drill in the wing wide as that's where the sealed end of the filter is.

I'll have to drill the front, ie behind the head lights.

I'm worried as to what hole size and how many.

I'm thinking 3 or 4 1inch holes?

behind the headlights should be fine. i did lots of 10mm holes on my previous car.

update on theroy and research;

Thanks to some information from my good friends at european-parts.net

It seems my theroy of fitting an RS induction box to the 1.6TDCi would be possible,

From reading their listing regarding the K&N 57S air box lid, says it fits the petrol, diesel and RS

So in 2013 i will purchase and attempt to fit a dual intake Rs air box with Green Cotton Performance filter.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1435

• 3 months later...

hi lenny you said that fitting a rs induction box would fit, is this to say that the rs air filter is bigger than the standard 1.6 air filter? and requires the rs airbox to fit the rs air filter?

hi lenny you said that fitting a rs induction box would fit, is this to say that the rs air filter is bigger than the standard 1.6 air filter? and requires the rs airbox to fit the rs air filter?

Hi Vince,

I'm not 100% on the direct fitment of the RS/ST airbox and I think the size of stock induction filter is actually the same size.

Because if you look inside the airbox housing you will see three ford part numbers, two of them say diesel after them and one says petrol, meaning the base section of the air bkx is the same as a petrol model I assumed ST/Rs as it look very similar,

I favour the ST/RS induction lid and snorkle because it has a dual induction feed taking air in to the box from the side and the front.

I have since set my sights on more certain fit with the release of the K&N57S bigger airbox lid with bigger filter also additional side induction inlet. Better than an St/Rs stock induction ever could be.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1435