Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

andy2518

Need Urgent Help

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys I am new to this so please advise we're needed...

My fiesta mk6 2005 has deadlocked on me... It shows a padlock with a car behind it glowing red on the dashboard,

Ford have not got a clue what it is for some strange reason.. I have had a new battery.. Done the reset codes.. Any advice would be ,ost appreciated

Many thanks

Andy

Sounds like the immobilizer has triggered. Could be the key is dead, do you have any others you can try? Have you checked the fuses to make sure none have blown? Internet searches suggest that + getting it connected to a Ford IDS system.

Yes mate I tried that? But the keys unlock the car and the power comes on... What is the ids and were can I book it in

And if it is the immobiliser who can I see to get it sorted

Thanks

Andy

What is the ids and were can I book it in

Ford's diagnostic software. Any Ford dealer or some independent mechanics.

Yes mate I tried that? But the keys unlock the car and the power comes on... What is the ids and were can I book it in

And if it is the immobiliser who can I see to get it sorted

Thanks

Andy

The immobiliser in the key is different to the remote locking, or even key locking of the car. Normally a key with a flat battery can still start the car as the immbolisier is read just by being close to the ignition barrel.

I would agree, best bet is to probably take it to a Ford dealer, or someone who has Ford equipment to connect to the cars computer.