Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S - 225 45 R17 Tyres ?

IcemintB

Hi guys,

i'm just wondering.... should i replace the 205 45 R17 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA, for the 225, will it fit ? or i will need to modify something ?

any other tyres recommended ?

regards

S.Costa

Hi guys,

i'm just wondering.... should i replace the 205 45 R17 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA, for the 225, will it fit ? or i will need to modify something ?

any other tyres recommended ?

regards

S.Costa

Those are manufacturer's recommended tyres so why change them? The 205 refers to the width and are designed to fit on the standard 17 rims that come with the car.

I'm running on Nexus N6000 on the front which seem fine.

Those are manufacturer's recommended tyres so why change them?

Not quite Scott, they should be 205/40/17 as standard

The 205/45/17's have already knocked your speedo out by 3.37% (max recommended is 2.5%) meaning when it shows 70mph you're actually doing 72.36mph.

The 225/45/17 would knock you out by a staggering 6.41% (70mph=74.49mph) and 225/40/17 is 2.72% out (70mph=71.90mph)

http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator

Bridgestones are pretty good tyres, I cant wait for my hankooks to wear out, so I can put bridgestones on in their place.

Mine have nothing in the way of grip in the wet.

I assume you will be changing the alloys too then?

You may need to look into adjusting the steering rack limiter, and/or get alloys that have their hub further in, so as not to bring the inside of the wheel any closer to the arches. Will mean that the wheels stick out a bit more though.

Hi guys, sorry ... The 205/40/R17 to a wider 225/40/R17 , thats what I mean

Tks

My original comment still stands "225/40/17 is 2.72% out (70mph=71.90mph)" Anything greater than 2.5% difference is not recommended.

Bridgestones are pretty good tyres, I cant wait for my hankooks to wear out, so I can put bridgestones on in their place.

Mine have nothing in the way of grip in the wet.

I,ve had bridgestone RE050's before on a Type R and were not impressed with them in the wet. With all the rain we now seem to get you be better off getting Uniroyal rainsport's

Take a look at this website http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Ford/Fiesta-Zetec-S.htm

I,ve had bridgestone RE050's before on a Type R and were not impressed with them in the wet. With all the rain we now seem to get you be better off getting Uniroyal rainsport's

Take a look at this website http://www.tyrerevie...sta-Zetec-S.htm

My dad has Bridgestone Turanzas on his car, were recommended to him for good grip in the wet, he really rates them. I guess some of it depends on the tread pattern of the particular tyre too.