Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 212 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I decided I needed somewhere to help me keep track of all the small mods I've done so far. That way I have a progressive record of them. So here it is:

Carbon Fibre Wrapped Centre Console
IMAG0061.jpg

Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel Inserts With Red Ford Badge
IMAG0105.jpg

Focus Brake Light Cover
IMAG0087.jpg

Red LED Ignition Barrel
IMAG0097.jpg

Front and Rear Carbon Badges
IMAG0106.jpg
IMAG0107.jpg

Just the beginnings of what I want to do.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Looking good mate. The first few of many mods to come lol. Definitely getting the carbon overlays myself now.

#3 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just installed these today as well:
Climate Controls
IMAG0109.jpg

New Pedals
IMAG0108.jpg

Definitely getting the carbon overlays myself now.

I actually ordered the black and chrome ones and somehow ended up with carbon, in the end I'm glad there was a mix up. I think they look good.

#4 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Definitely looks a lot better mate. It's the little simple mods that make a lot of difference. You must be pleased with how the interiors coming along. You got any exterior mods planned at all?

I was trying to choose between the black/chromes ones n the carbons but after actually seeing yours fitted it's gotta be the carbon. Just gotta get round to ordering them.

#5 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,410 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Getting good there.

#6 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I really want to start some exterior mods, only problem is insurance. Seeing as this is my first car over here in the UK they see me as a new, male, 21yr old driver. Hopefully within a few weeks though I should be getting a letter through from my insurance company back in the states which will give me 5 years no claims....which should cut my insurance by about 75% (I'm paying near enough £2,000 annual) Having said that, should I be declaring these small types of mods on my insurance? Or is it only body kits/performance parts they're worried about? And how much would exterior mods cost me to declare on my insurance?

#7 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

What kind of exterior mods do you have in mind mate? My insurance is just under 2 grand too, original quote was about 1100-1300 but then all the extras was added on.

How much declaring the mods would cost depends completely on your insurer. Like some won't mind about window tints n only charge a small fee, where as others will cancel your policy n refuse to insure you.

I know another member swapped his mk2 spoiler for a facelift, n his insurer just charged him a 17quid admin charge n didn't ask what spoiler he'd swapped it for, they just wanted to know he'd changed it so he could of fitted any spoiler he'd wanted n they wouldn't of cared.

But then he got charged a silly fee when declaring his parking sensors.

So the cost of declaring mods does vary widely n all depends on your own insurers policy on them.

#8 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Do you reckon I need to declare anything I've already done?

I want to paint the chrome lip on the front of the bonnet, only problem is I live on a Naval base and don't really have anywhere I could paint it or leave it to dry. Then probably smoked brake lights, twin reverse lights, DRL's, new front grill. The list goes on and on. Might just finish my interior first.

#9 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,410 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Always best to declare anything but worth doing that all in one go as like Charlie said usually it's likely to be an admin cost rather than a premium increase so why pay multiple admin costs?
Makes my insurance of 300 seen paltry in comparison.

#10 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I don't see how you'd have to declare a bit of carbon wrap or some stick on badges or the pedals. But as Clive said it's best to declare everything. But yes definitely declare all at once so get everything you wanna do done first or it'll be a 20quid admin charge every time you declare something new, or a one off charge declaring all at once.

The exterior mods sound good mate. In my opinion the twin reverse light is definitely worth doing.

I was also going to recommend fitting an ST upper grill to really improve the front of your car. If you do though, read my guide on the bonnet lock problem cause many of us have suffered it when removing the grill, but don't let it put you off as it's easily avoided n easily fixed.

#11 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oh and as for the bonnet lip n not having time to dry, what you could always do is carbon wrap it. Will be really effective in improving the front of your car n also tie in very nicely with the carbon overlays. Be a lot easier to do too if you don't wanna/can't wait for it do dry.

#12 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Makes my insurance of £300 seen paltry in comparison.

Yes rub it in why don't you to us 'young drivers'

Finally getting some pay back for all my jabs ;)

#13 Oxide

Oxide

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I suppose I could carbon wrap it. It's hard to keep my priorities straight around here, too many good ideas. In looking for an ST grille I managed to stumble across a red illuminated gear knob which I now want as well as some ford focus floor mats! I think I'm going to have to try and keep things going in order, and possibly a raise from work. For example, wait for my LEDs to arrive and install them before I move on to anything else.

#14 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,252 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I suppose I could carbon wrap it. It's hard to keep my priorities straight around here, too many good ideas. In looking for an ST grille I managed to stumble across a red illuminated gear knob which I now want as well as some ford focus floor mats! I think I'm going to have to try and keep things going in order, and possibly a raise from work. For example, wait for my LEDs to arrive and install them before I move on to anything else.

I too struggle to stick to one catagory or area of styling before moving on to the next one, resulting in head-ache from the missus because I've got box's of stuff on top of the kitchen cabinets like the pressure sensor for the oil gauge in the st pod lol 8 months on and ive still gotta purchase and fit the adaptor but I get distracted by other modifications.
I admire you if you can stick to one project at a time mate.

#15 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,405 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Think this is what your looking at regarding the grill:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416b1f028f

But shop around you may get one a lot cheaper.

I know a few fellow members that own mk2.5's have carbon wrapped they're bonnet lips n from what I've seen they looked pretty decent.

Dunno if you'd wanna take me up on the offer but if your car is panther black n you just wanted to colour code it to the rest of the car you could post it me n I would be happy to spray it for you as I already have all the required materials n a place where it could be left to dry over night. Just means you'd have to drive round with it missing for a few days longer than if you'd sprayed it yourself cause of postage times. But if you wanted it matt black I couldn't help in that case.

But I do reckon it would look good carbon wrapped too n would be quicker as there's no need to spray it n leave it drying for a few days, just wrap it n put it straight back on.

Know how you feel about getting priorities in order. I'll be in the middle of doing one mod then get inspiration to do several others at the same time.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users