Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mods Thread

Oxide

Yup the unit you got will fit nicely. Just never seen one like that before with that type of bulbs. Clive obviously knows if he's had it before. Wonder why ford gotta be funny with their lights though using different types of bulbs in each unit.

Clive do you know if the same unit I have would have been plug n play too?

:( I feel left out now not being able to do any mods at the moment.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Oxide

• Stoney871

• Lenny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What light do you have in yours at the moment mate?

My standard one on purchase was the single festoon, then I fitted the one like oxide has on order which is festoon and T4w now the one with ambient and three t10 wedge.

My standard unit is the same as this I believe:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-MK3-FOCUS-ST-FIESTA-ST-INTERIOR-MAP-LIGHT-INTRUDER-SENSOR-/360487180499?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53eeb5d8d3

It takes a 36mm festoon bulb and 2 normal w5w t10 wedge bulbs

I've got this set up going on lol:

2012-09-20001422_zps4f178116.jpg

I see.

There's so many different light designs around it's a sod to keep track of which bulbs fit what.

Exactly mate. Silly ford. Would of thought fair enough for different models as in focus different to fiesta. But whys there so many different ones for each spec of model lol

Think that one that Oxide has got is from early pre-facelift (pre 03) higher spec Mondeos. Then the ones we have were the newer ones with intrusion sensors etc built in. The lights themselves are all plug and play as the wiring is straightforward, think even most of them are interchangeable between different Ford models, but the intrusion sensors only work if the wiring is there for them. I found this out when I upgraded the standard light (single 39mm festoon with no map lights) in my Mondeo to the same as the one I have now in the Focus, but there was no wiring for the sensors. All bulbs worked fine though.

I had a spare one with maplights and sensors and put it in the rear light of the Focus, but changed it back to the standard single bulb one...think it was too bulky for the gap in the room lining where it's located.

Oxide have you got yours up and running yet? I thought from my Mondeo days that there was an issue with the polarity of those BA9 maplight bulbs when ordering them in LEDs. Might be worth asking the seller about it.

I actually saw a submarine light unit on eBay at the end of last week...I had no interest so meant to put a link up but forgot, and when I went back to do it, it had sold. Was only £15 too. Anyone here grab it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/focus-mk3-ghia-estate-2006-2-0-tdci-INTERIOR-MAP-LIGHT-WITH-ALARM-SENSORS-/181001215590?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=352XTFrmuUY18lXvgzrtvvV6jEQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Looks like a bargain tbf. What do the intrusion sensors do then?? What wire do they plug in to as I have a few loose wires in the roof lining. May buy one and see if it works and see if Submarine lighting can be added too.

Have you seen those black ST ones going for 70 - 80 quid!!!! Rip off or what

I know mate, would be tempted to get the black Sharpie out and see what my colouring in skills are like these days!

That was a bargain for the submarine lights aye, can always be DIY'd though if interested.

As for the intrusion sensors, it's just part of the alarm system. I've a button (picture of the car with an artists impression of soundwaves coming off it) near the driver's door handle for turning them on and off. Can be a hassle if you leave the window open on a summer's day, trap a few winged beasties in there and then have to try get them out at night when they're buzzin around setting off the alarm!

Or, when you need to pop into a shop and you leave the missus in the passenger seat and as (my idead of) a hilarious joke decide to double-lock the car as if you don't want anyone to steal her. The look on her face when you come out 5mins later with everyone staring at the car with the alarm going off and her unable to get out is, ahem, priceless?!

When I get out the car the Missus just locks herself in with the central locking on her door.

Not all cars have the intrusion sensors then?

Well I haven't noticed that other models had them. Thought they were on the ST and RS and an option on the titanium.

On the focus with internal sensors you'll always have an internal alarm exclusion switch on the drivers side door catch that fits into the area where the window switch is on the passengers side.

On any other model with just door, bonnet and boot sensors there won't be an internal switch.

Yes :) Lenny can advise well on this cause he's got it

Ooooh, I've always liked the look of them. Now the question is do I get it in black and grey or just black?

Personally I reckon black n grey would stand out better n notice it more.

Just to confirm the one you linked isn't what Lenny has. Lenny has the Ford Zetec S Bumper Extension as shown in his Guide

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/

What you have linked is an imitation bumper that will fit any standard focus.

as in the eBay link:

A-FOX-ZET-SL-700-4.jpg

It doesn't really look as good as the genuine ford product, which isn't helped by all the different badges and stupid exhaust on the blue one :P

Not meaning to put you off but there will be a big difference in quality

Yup sorry mate meant to say Lenny has the genuine one n the one you linked is a copy. But yeah was just saying it will fit.

I did see a complete genuine zetec s bumper on eBay not long ago, ready in black but with slight damage. Think it only went for around the 100quid mark

I'm not sure, I realise there would be a big difference in quality from a fake chinese version, and for £100 it doesn't seem worth not to get a genuine ford product. I really like the look of the zetec s bumper extensions, however with the cost of the part itself, plus spraying and fitting (which I wouldn't really trust myself to do just yet) it looks a little bit out of my price range.

I'm not sure, I realise there would be a big difference in quality from a fake chinese version, and for £100 it doesn't seem worth not to get a genuine ford product. I really like the look of the zetec s bumper extensions, however with the cost of the part itself, plus spraying and fitting (which I wouldn't really trust myself to do just yet) it looks a little bit out of my price range.

Sorry I'm late seeing the above messages but all has been well advised without my assistance.

I reckon the cost of parts for the mk2.5 focus will be lower in january 2013 due to the second hand market moving towards the mk3 Zs

And shop around for a panel beater car paint expert. I got my full kit sprayed and fitted last march for 450euro and it matches perfect.

Took me 18 months to gather the full kit in the attic of the house. It is expensive mod but worth every penny mate.

I'm hoping to finish the Zs next month with the grills and black headlights.

So if anyone is interested in mk2.5 titanium grills upper/lower or chrome mk2.5 headlights without H7 & H1 bulbs PM me.

This is the one I saw before. Appears the auction ended and no one bought it so may be worth contacting the seller asking if he's still got it knocking about. Would require a minor repair:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150894333258?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Or theres this that doesn't need a repair but does need a respray:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Phase-3-F-Lift-2008-5Dr-Hatchback-TDCI-Rear-Plastic-Bumper-/290797309717?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b4decf15

http://www.caraccessoriesplus.co.uk/product/ford-focus-spoiler-rear-bumper-skirt.html

Thats the ford kit for £160 plus they want £108 to paint it which you could get done cheaper elsewhere. I suppose Lenny is the man for fitting advice if you ever need it :)

If it was me I actually reckon I could do a good job of painting it myself lol

What you want is one of these.

Direct replacement for that horrible black bit at the bottom of the bumper.

You could always paint it two tone.

http://pages.ebay.co...id=300607935473

Lenny have you seen any/many cars with these down round your way? I've seen quite a few up round the northwest on Southern plates with this trim on the rear and what looks like the cabriolet coupe front bumper, enough to make me think it may have been a factory option in RoI, but I've only seen one I think on a Northern reg. It's a real nice kit I think, both front and back. Was looking for a link to one on DoneDeal.ie I seen a few weeks back but it must be gone.

As for the intrusion sensor issue I raised a few posts back when I was last on, see below a pic (I lifted from a TalkFord thread I posted on a while back in case an acknowledgement is needed!) of the switch that Clive was talking about beside the driver's door handle...on the light unit itself you can see the sensors point out beside the maplights and there's an extra plug for the wiring on the unit.

post-30295-0-00267700-1351159287_thumb.j

Lenny have you seen any/many cars with these down round your way? I've seen quite a few up round the northwest on Southern plates with this trim on the rear and what looks like the cabriolet coupe front bumper, enough to make me think it may have been a factory option in RoI, but I've only seen one I think on a Northern reg. It's a real nice kit I think, both front and back. Was looking for a link to one on DoneDeal.ie I seen a few weeks back but it must be gone.

It seems ford fitted the convertable body bumpers to the 2008 mk2 focus both saloon and hatch prior to the release of the mk2.5 in june 2008

2579f33_20.jpg

untitled.png

112_06geneva_05z_2007_ford_focus_pf_convertible_photos_front_driver_side_top_up.jpg

image35375_b.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club