Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mods Thread

Oxide

Apparently, just waiting on my new front footwell LEDs and I'm sorted for interior lighting....for now

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Oxide

• Stoney871

• Lenny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got any other ideas for interior lighting mate?

Submarine lighting after that and maybe door handle or cupholder LEDs.

Just got some more good news, I got my 4 years NCD earned overseas confrimed and it's taken my insurance down by about £1000! :D

Well done mate that's great news. N here's me paying around 1800 :unsure:

So what happened at premier inn?

It was actually a holiday inn in Plymouth. We were working for a CitySafe function and left our valuables in our changing room, someone stole 5 wallets, 3 phones and 4 watches. All been reported to the police and covered by insurance, it's just a pain in the !Removed!.

I was paying about the same, I'm down to 800 a year now

!Removed! scum bags mate

Clearly ain't safe

Well I finally had a productive afternoon and got some mods done. All photos will follow later tonight.

I did my rear footwell lights (thanks to Charlie and Lenny's guide)

While I was at that and had the glove box apart I managed to get my glovebox light done.

Which gave me a better idea as to how to run my aux in cable which is now plugged in to the glovebox and lead brought the hole in the trim where the old glovebox used to be. This now runs completely inside the dash to the empty slot above the "garage door" compartment in the centre console

I then put my new boot lights in, again thanks to Lenny's guide. At the moment I have them installed towards the rear of the boot because there was a hole in the trim on either side of the boot which almost seemed designed for the LEDs I bought. I'm just not entirely convinced that they'll get the best light distribution towards the back as opposed to the front.

Well done mate. Had a more productive day than me.

Concerning the boot lights, have you not cut a new hole in line with the existing boot light hole then? Having a look at night will be the telling. You can see how well the lights distributed with where I stuck my LED pads

Concerning the boot lights, have you not cut a new hole in line with the existing boot light hole then?

I didn't really find it necessary. If the light distribution is ok then I'd rather not be cutting holes in the trim if I don't have to.

Fair enough mate. As you say theres holes there so not completely necessary.

I just did it to keep both the lights in line. You not been out n looked at the light distribution yet?

Think you'll find for how bright the pads are the position of them shouldn't matter too much n they'll fill the boot nicely.

How'd you find splicing in the second boot light loom into the exiting boot light loom? Easy enough?

Get some photos up lol ;)

Photo time!

Boot light: I'm really happy with the light distribution so I've decided to leave them where they are.

post-36802-0-88949800-1350843043_thumb.j

post-36802-0-68654500-1350843090_thumb.j

Rear footwells: Kind of hard to see in the light I had but they look good in person...may have to come up with some different ideas for mounting them to maximise light distribution though.

post-36802-0-15399700-1350843121_thumb.j

post-36802-0-23953100-1350842552_thumb.j

post-36802-0-16526100-1350842595_thumb.j

Glovebox Light:

post-36802-0-00054800-1350842646_thumb.j

post-36802-0-99629500-1350842760_thumb.j

post-36802-0-36192100-1350842796_thumb.j

Aux in wiring: Don't know if you can really tell what this is but its the aux in wire being fed through the hole in the trim where the old glovebox light was

post-36802-0-37094000-1350842917_thumb.j

post-36802-0-56239200-1350842955_thumb.j

All in all a good days work methinks

Looking good mate. Thats pretty much your interior lighting done now isn't it? What you gonna do about your courtesy light?

How have you currently got the rear foot-well pods mounted mate? Ain't you got the blowers?

For my courtesy light I'm thinking about getting this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140856373814?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

With these lights in them:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230758964185?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Couldn't find anything bigger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261062948233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Not sure if these will fit

I contacted the seller and he said the centre light is a 239 festoon 5W 38mm bulb and the outer ones are T4W 4W or 5W 12V

You reckon these will all work/fit my car?

How have you currently got the rear foot-well pods mounted mate? Ain't you got the blowers?

I've got them mounted on the metal bottom of the front seats which seems ok at the moment. I've got a passenger seat blower but none under the drivers seat for some reason

For my courtesy light I'm thinking about getting this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

With these lights in them:

Couldn't find anything bigger

Not sure if these will fit

I contacted the seller and he said the centre light is a 239 festoon 5W 38mm bulb and the outer ones are T4W 4W or 5W 12V

You reckon these will all work/fit my car?

Looks like the light unit you need. What happened to the one I originally linked you?

Haven't you already got a courtesy light bulb ready to go in?

Never heard of those other type bulbs. Would have thought they would be wedge bulbs same as your front foot-well lights

I've got them mounted on the metal bottom of the front seats which seems ok at the moment. I've got a passenger seat blower but none under the drivers seat for some reason

Another member actually had this same problem. At some point a previous owner has some how accidentally threw it away or flat out nicked it for some unknown reason lol. You can buy them from ford. I'll try find the thread for you

Middle bulb for that light is definitely 38mm festoon, outer ones are definitely T4W.

That second bulb you linked to is not the correct bulb, that's a brake light bulb and way too big.

These are the ones you want-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=200804738584

Middle bulb for that light is definitely 38mm festoon, outer ones are definitely T4W.

That second bulb you linked to is not the correct bulb, that's a brake light bulb and way too big.

These are the ones you want-

http://pages.ebay.co...id=200804738584

Yup thems the ones

My unit takes wedge bulbs though

Was gonna say the first bulb was way too big lol

All sorted and ordered, ordered the unit and festoon previously linked along with these T4W bulbs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221008219563?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Now I'm waiting on that unit, my new front footwell bulbs and my heko wind deflectors

That'll do nicely mate

You getting the same heko's as me?

I think the hekos are the same mate, I need them so I can stop getting cigarette ash in my car (filthy smoker)

As for the light unit Im not entirely sure those ones would actually fit in my car....oh well it's ordered now.

The light you just bought will fit your car with no problems.

It's the same type I had in mine until I fitted the ambient light one.

The light you just bought will fit your car with no problems.

It's the same type I had in mine until I fitted the ancient light one.

Happy days, I just needed something with more sockets, on W5W bulb doesn't really do much.

Just ordered some focus scuff plates from that eBay seller in china. That refund for my insurance is quickly being put back into my car lol.