Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Shimster

2006 Focus Dipped Beam Failure - Both Headlights @ Same Time

5 posts in this topic

Hi All

Driving home last night, both my dipped beams failed at the same time. The high beam works fine, and no other electrics are suffering issues. I understand that the headlights have their own fuse, so I'm thinking that both fuses or bulbs failing at exactly the same time is not the case (could be wrong though!)

Has anyone else has this problem?

Cheers

Shim

Never had this problem myself, have you checked the fuses?

If you don't have an owners handbook, look to my signature for a link to fuse locations and ratings!

I am shocked and stunned!! Both bulbs had failed at exactly the same time. Is this an indication of any other possible issues?

It is usually recommended to change bulbs as a pair anyway.

I have had it before that one blows and gets replaced and the next day the other one goes too.

I am shocked and stunned!! Both bulbs had failed at exactly the same time. Is this an indication of any other possible issues?

Had the same thing happen on a Citroen Xsara. Changes both bulbs and never had another problem.