Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Telematics Box

Bower

Funny enough we were talking about this with friends less than an hour ago.

His son has a 05 Corsa (sorry!) and is paying about £2.5k insurance, the telematic box is fitted and yes there are drawbacks, the car cannot be moved beteen 11pm and 6am (regardless of driver is the insurance co assume its his son), and it tells the insurance company your data.

His son has an online dashboard of his driving style, and as long as he stays in the green (ie drives within the limits and steadily) every 3 months the insurance comes down, and he just had a cashback of £40 for the last quarter. Drive like a fool and if it goes to amber the premium stays as it is, go to the red and it goes up.

Leaving aside who has the data is is teaching his son how to drive without screaming around all the time, he knows his son is not wheel spiinning in the local car parks and the insurance comes down, complete win for them.

Leaving aside who has the data is is teaching his son how to drive without screaming around all the time, he knows his son is not wheel spiinning in the local car parks and the insurance comes down, complete win for them.

I guess that's one advantage for parents... you know your son/daughter is driving safely and not bombing about like a loon. Peace of mind and all...

Not sure if I'd just passed my test I'd like them knowing my every move though!

Not sure if I'd just passed my test I'd like them knowing my every move though!

The display doesn't show where he's been just if he's been driving excessivly fast or outside the set hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing it up from the dead, but I now handle Telematics box claims at work, if anyone has any questions on data, what it does and doesn't do etc, feel free to ask.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club