Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Control Woes

scotthunter

Hi

I have voice control on my Fiesta but I have so far failed to make it do anything other than dial a number number by number.

I have my iPhone connected to the bluetooth.

How can I just say a name from my phonebook so it calls them? When I press the voice control button it asks for device so I say phone, then when I say anything else it says command cancelled. Arrgghh!!!

And before you ask, unfortunately don't have the Owner's Manual.

1. Stop speaking with a funny accent ;)
  2. You can have up to 20(I think?) names & numbers stored on the stereo, but you need to set them up first. I'm going by memory here but the process is something like (you blue, car red):

Press Voice Control button > *beep* > Say "Phone" > Phone > "Store name" > Name please > "Dave" > Name please > "Dave" > Car plays sound clip of you saying Dave > Number? > "0-7-7-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8" > 0-7-7-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 > "Store" > Storing number > Number stored

Now to dial press VC button > *beep* > "Dial name" > Name please > "Dave" > Dave > dials number

Check the Ford website to see all the commands available. Many available but only a few easy to remember, I made a little card up in case I forgot.

When entering a phone number 077XX start with a 'zero' or it wont recognise number.

On the iPhone if you have someones numbers (work/home) under one name. You will have to store them separate.Dave work or Dave home or Dave mobile.

Here;s the manual from 2009:

http://issuu.com/stalker1971/docs/new_fiesta_manual/7

I suggest you have a read as yes you have store the names and then you use the dial name command :)

My iPhone 4 and now my 5 work fine with the handsfree and bluetooth in my 59 plate.

Facelift Fiesta is getting the same voice control/bluetooth upgrades that are in the current mondeo whereby you don't need to input up to 20 contacts to use over voice - it will just use your phonebook direct from your phone.

Facelift Fiesta is getting the same voice control/bluetooth upgrades that are in the current mondeo whereby you don't need to input up to 20 contacts to use over voice - it will just use your phonebook direct from your phone.

Mine does that at the moment, is that normal? I've never stored any numbers into the car, it just takes my phonebook over bluetooth and lets me do it that way

Mine does that at the moment, is that normal? I've never stored any numbers into the car, it just takes my phonebook over bluetooth and lets me do it that way

So does mine, I can ask it to call any contact that is on my phones contact book - iPhone 4S - 62plate fiesta. must be a new update as I see you have a 12 plate.

Yeah, I dunno if the fact I have the Sony DAB radio in there has anything to do with it? Galaxy S3 and works perfectly fine aside from a lack of any depth to the music over bluetooth

I can view my phonebook using the car's controls but the voice control won't recognise the names on the phone unless I program them into the car manually. Of course you can always put the car in Aux mode then hold down the iPhone home button and use Siri...

The new facelifted and ST Fiesta's have the full Ford Sync, you can even have a colour screen Sat Nav looking at the boucher, anyway from what I can gather it's a more advance voice control system where if you REALLY want you can update twitter etc and I think send SMS using just your voice. It also sends an SMS call in emergency's.

My first new '59 plate Titanium mk 7 had Bluetooth/voice control and to be honest, once the initial novelty had worn off, I found it of limited use. I could never get it to answer an incoming call - I had to press the button on the phone which defeats the object of 'handsfree'. Also, I could only dial a number by calling out each digit slowly and loudly which apart from anything else, was a bit distracting from driving. My current 59 plate mk 7 hasn't got voice control and I don't really miss it at all - I just don't answer or make phone call whilst on the move. Ok, so I could select "CD Player" or "Climate Control" etc by voice but my Midland accent was always a problem for it and gain, I don't miss it.

( I do miss the reversing sensors though which is a bit sad on such a small car !).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club